SCV - STB(Chennai): Problems, Queries and others

• Thread starter Thread starter ajuravi007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 330
  • Views Views 130,194
Can I get the smart card activated by a different area cable operator, bcoz my cable operator is always telling stories.

Smart Card Activation is done by SCV not by your local cablewala.So u better contact SCV office thru phone or in person.

hi guys, whether any channels wud come in scv stb in futurelike world movies etc

it may be old news, i tuned my stb a few days ago to see whether they have added any new channels and i came across two channels titled hdtv1 and hdtv2, they were blank of course, but may be they are planning to add a few hdtv channels in the future

Even i did the same and i posted over here also earlier. But the question is whats the purpose of those test channel HDTV 1 and 2

how to tune the channels in scv stb... i did try the auto installationbut even the blank thing doesnt come for me

You can see this 2 channels at the last of the channel list

Even i did the same and i posted over here also earlier. But the question is whats the purpose of those test channel HDTV 1 and 2

are there any hdtv channels telecasting in india, or may be some new hdtv channel would be entering the market soon. Either way there too few people with hdtvs to get the full benefit of this service.

@rsudar

i think the channel number is 1200 and 1201 in coship stb, if you have coship try that number

yes i too got coship stb. i think everyone frm scv has only coship stb.do they give any other stb

My cable operator offered to give SCV STB for Rs.300 (250/-) for the box and Rs. 50/- for installation. After giving a xerox copy of ration card and paying 3 1/2 months advance subscription fee for a package of paid channels, we waited for 20 days and at last they said our card was activated. Nothing worked. Now, we get only HBO. That is all. Nothing else!! For many channels, it says searching for signal. and for most others it says service is scrambled!! The cable operator is not reachable any time we call. 😡 Could it be because the STB is of poor quality or is it because of the cable? What could be the problem? We are all regretting that we went in for SCV. They are not professional in their dealings. :madness: Now,if things continue in much the same way, we will give back the STB to SCV and go in for Tata Sky which is much better.The only sad thing is that the DTH people charge monthly for the additional (2nd) TV(STB) that we have also. If they could just take one-time payment for the purchase of the additional STB for the 2nd TV and let its monthly viewing charge be free, and charge only for the initial STB for the 1st TV,it would be so much more affordable for all ppl and all will opt for Tata sky only for such a superb offer - wish they would make such an offer!!:redface:

hi! iam also using the scv stb for the past 2 years. its almost irritating for me why i went for scv .. they are not professional... am thinking of moving to tsstb is ok in ur case... the prob is might be of poor quality of signals and some channels might have not been activated.u cud have directly purchased the stb frm scv.. and the other thing is dth quality is top class. wait for some time and then take an decision..yes thats the prob in dth for the second tv.... u have to take an another digicomp and pay less subsciption fee i think.

For CAS if you have addtional tv you need buy a extra STB for the second tv and the rule is the same again for each pay channel you need to pay Rs. 5/channel and for DTH again you need to buy a digicomp and the package remains the same and you need to pay Rs. 125 or 150 extra for the second TV

For TS second TV

What is the ideal solution for me if I have more than one television at home?
We have two unique solutions for you.

[*]Multiroom subscription
- One digicomp per television
- Can watch different channels on different televisions at any given time
- Subscription charges for the 1st digicomp applicable as per the package
- Avail of the same package on the 2nd, 3rd and 4th digicomp for only Rs 125 per month, per digicomp (inclusive of all taxes)
- 50% waiver on installation charges for the 2nd, 3rd and 4th digicomp
[*]Digilink
- Need only one digicomp per two televisions
- Have to watch the same channel on both televisions at any given time
- Additional hardware (digilink) to be purchased
- Subscription charges for the 1st television applicable as per the package selected
- No additional subscription charges for the 2nd televisionWhat is the ideal solution for me if I have more than one television at home?
We have two unique solutions for you.

[*]Multiroom subscription
- One digicomp per television
- Can watch different channels on different televisions at any given time
- Subscription charges for the 1st digicomp applicable as per the package
- Avail of the same package on the 2nd, 3rd and 4th digicomp for only Rs 125 per month, per digicomp (inclusive of all taxes)
- 50% waiver on installation charges for the 2nd, 3rd and 4th digicomp
[*]Digilink
- Need only one digicomp per two televisions
- Have to watch the same channel on both televisions at any given time
- Additional hardware (digilink) to be purchased
- Subscription charges for the 1st television applicable as per the package selected
- No additional subscription charges for the 2nd television
[/list]Satellite Television, Direct to Home (DTH) TV - FAQ

I have taken the STB in Free scheme. But I want to the know the package details offered with this scheme. Or can I choose the packages available in sunnetwork site.

Hi friends,I saw in this thread few mentioned now ss music,jaya plus and few other channels are added.But after few months i renewed my pack to platinum plus and i am not receiving HBO,Kalaignar tv,isaiaruvi I get the message E38 service is unavailable .Please help and if you have any number to contact SCV please provide me . Thanks

so which pack u were using previously? probably they didnt activate ur renewal status... scv number is in the website i think... 044-28286161