• Thread starter Thread starter krish_88
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 28
  • Views Views 4,156

krish_88

Regulars
ISP
Airtel XStream Fiber
How is Mtnl triband in mumbai. Tell me your views. Is it better than sify and is there any frequent cuts like sify.

dude its one of the best sevice that i have ever come across.cut no cut till now in 5 months.though my speed was reduced to half one time just after the crazy rainbut that don't count.If ye want to take mtnl i"ll say go for it n dump sify 😛

I'd like to differ.heh.(assuming ur going for dsl nu)my sify gives me 32kBps..mtnl gives me 27.5kBps (though my line isnt split from the beginning).sify is unlimited from 10 to 8.mtnl 00:00 to 08:00.2hrs more for sify..though watching streaming videos is nice on mtnl and not good on sify.(too much buffering).if u'll be downloading using download managers/newsgroups/BT(i.e. more than 1 connection) then sify is better.else mtnl.thats just my personal opinion..i get 1ms pings to gateway and therez no maintenance charges for me so im satisfied with sify.also with sify u get 150mb/day and with mtnl u get 500mb/month.

Originally posted by muttster`@Sep 4 2005, 05:29 PM
also with sify u get 150mb/day and with mtnl u get 500mb/month.
[snapback]24056[/snapback]
[/quote]

150 mb/day with sify hmm... with mtnl people are downloading around 400 mb per night between 0.00 to 8.00
( with NU option)

The only thing tht I like in MTNL DSL is the consistency of uptime. Not talking abt the speed of connection, but its uptime ratio. And in case it goes down, u only need to reboot the modem frm ur side. Nothing like, line problem, DSLAM problem or any other technical fault. U can say it only goes down if ur telephone connection goes dead or u have sum trouble with ur area line men. 😀 Talking abt speed, nobody provides an Internet connection tht is consistent on the speed part. Not only in India but also anywhere in the world. Believe me; have given support to three DSL ISP's in the abroad. 🙂

Originally posted by santoo@Sep 4 2005, 07:19 PM
150 mb/day with sify hmm... with mtnl people are downloading around 400 mb per night between 0.00 to 8.00
( with NU option)
[snapback]24062[/snapback]
[/quote]

sify is also unlimited at nights. from 10pm to 8am.thats 2 hours more than mtnl.u culd download 1gb nearly

ok muttster, tell me this...is the connection u have for the whole day or just the night unlimited??? if it's the whole day, what's the price??? and if it's not the whole day, then how can u quote the 150 MB/day thing??? 🙂

its 150mb from 8am till 10pm..after dat for every 25mb 1 day of validity is reduced.between 10pm and 8am its unlimited..i pay rs.795 (inclusive taxes)....its good for me doesnt mean it'l be good for others 😛 i guess downtime n all depends on ur CTO....as i said its just my personal opinion 🙂

MTNL in mumbai......well i stay in New Bombay. There is a guy here who has paid all the money for a new telephone connection cum broadband plan of 590 NU and its been almost 2 months. He hasn't got even the normal telephone cable installed. No sign of the telephone guy either contacting him. They have no clue whatsoever.The exchange is just a few metres from our society though... 🙄

Hey, anyone of u using Airtel BB in Delhi. How is the report? Any interesting tariff plan?Wud like to know abt. it...have listened quite a few gud comments abt tht.. 🙄

well muttster, u mumbai guys r lucky, coz in delhi the same plan costs Rs. 1095/- and that's almost double the MTNL...isn't it???

There's no intereting plan from Airtel in delhi except 64 kbps unltd at 600 pm and 128 kbps ult at 900 pm

One of my friend is using Airtel BB and according to him its payment is according to the usage......the comes out to be sumthin Rs. 30 per hr. And its 256kbps...... 🤔