• Thread starter Thread starter anand
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 125
  • Views Views 38,229

anand

Regulars
ISP
Sify (best of the worst)
Could everyone post their gateway here so we can explore the possibility? Also list the games you have that we can play multiplayer. If you don't know how, go to my computer on you desktop and open the control panel and click on network, the screenshots should explain the rest (click on properties after selecting the option shown in the screenshot or whatever lan card you have). This information in no way discloses your identity. We can begin testing inter computer speeds once we get this information.Mine is 10.10.153.1 Mumbai and I've got ST:Armada I and II, age of empires II conquerors expansion, ST:Voyager elite force and motoracer 2.

hmm. it would have been so cool if we could have shared files in different cities considering sify woudl have all the PCs on its network connected somewhere or the other. 🙂they can atleast let us have offline pleasure of using their network...

so is mine. actually bhinder if i were a CS player, we can play with each other. 😀 but i do have NFSU somewhere around here 😕

my gateway ip is 10.11.61.1 the ip address of the gateway is alwalys ends with 1. like xxx.xxx.xxx.1. you can play games only with your neighbors in the same subnet mask.(under one gateway).

nobody from bangalore ?just check if all bangaloreans hav their gateway as 10.17.130.1if it is then this is a WAN

I am from Bangalore. My gateway is 10.17.158.1. I think the gateway is unique for every Subscriber unit. I can only network with the residents of my building.

My gateway is 10.13.181.1 in Delhi 🙂.I am dying to know where our Subscriber Unit is. All I got to know is that we have a hub stuck on some electricity pole lol,

mine is hanging on a tree. and initially it was placed in a polythene. after the first rain after me getting a connection, i found it floating in water inside that polythene bag. it took sify guys 4 months to get a box to house that switch linking my house to the nearest pole.

if gateway is unique for every SU , then diff CTO's can share SU,bcoz me and my friend hav diff CTO's but are networked

10.13.213.1 (Delhi)But I gotta old computer 🙁 I did manage to play Midtown Madness on MSN gaming zone though ...

Yeah. Could be possible that different CTOs share the same gateway. Afterall the CTOs are just franchisees of Sify which might be owning all the major equipment.

And, if different CTOs do own the share gateway, I wonder how many subscribers are they accomodating under that one gateway :S

Sigh, you can only play games and such with people whose second set of numbers is the same. i.e 10.10.132.1 . For people with a common third and second set of numbers i.e 10.10.132.1 speeds can range between 200 - 300 Kilobytes/sec and for those with only the second number in common get about 16 - 24 Kilobytes/sec.