Let the Games begin!

• Thread starter Thread starter anand
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 125
  • Views Views 38,218
Originally posted by surjeett@Nov 6 2004, 04:46 PM
Is anyone here into UT (Unreal Tournament), Star Craft or Star wars : Jedi knight?

Btw, i'm lookin for Diablo part I and Age of Empires Part I.
[snapback]1665[/snapback]
[/quote]
I've got UT 2004 and I'm pretty darn good at it too 🙂 .

@surj - if you are talkin about the original Jedi Knight: Dark forces 2 im game but i only got the demo (great game though) so if thats what you have then fine, else would you mind sending me a copy of JK? 😉

hi
i live in delhi. my gateway is 10.19.135.1

i wasn't aware of this forum at all but was still tinkering quite a bit with my connection. while looking for ways to shut down hbsbeat.exe, i came upon this site and well ... it is nice to know that there are so many other net-savvy sify users 😀

i play games from all genres. tho right now i only have quake 3 and ragnarok installed.

here is what i have discovered about 'sify gaming'.

you can get excellent pings when playing with other sify ppl. however, some ppl here must have tried connecting thru their ips and failed so here is the method :-

1) find out your internet ip. go to www.showmyip.com for this.
2) create a server. in quake 3 there is no difference b/w lan and net servers however games like CS have different options. you need to select the internet server option while creating.
3) ask your friend or whoever you are playing with to connect to your internet ip (which you found out in the 1st step). for eg in q3, u can do this by typing in the console '/connect 2xx.xx.xx.xx:27960'

i have tried this and have always got less than 30ms ping.

Another option is to join an online server. in india there are mainly two servers - kawabonka and frag-shack. i dont get good pings to frag-shack tho some sify users say they do. so u shud check it out. fragshack has got a CS, two q3 and one ET servers i think.

kawabonka gives good pings to all sify users. however it does only if ur internet ip is in the range of 210.xxx.xxx.xxx
so logout and login till you get the desired ip.

kawabonka only has a quake 3 cpma server rite now. you can connect to it thru its ip -> 203.122.58.142 and port 27960

you can email me (hpgupta@gmail.com) if you want to know any other detail or if u wanna play multiplayer sometime.

===---===
5L4Y3R
===---===

Originally posted by hpgupta@Nov 10 2004, 02:07 PM
.......i have tried this and have always got less than 30ms ping.

Anyway I played with a friend yesterday, got 2ms ping 🙂

thanks for all that info.. that was very helpful.. but do you need an original cd key to play online??

1) find out your internet ip. go to www.showmyip.com for this.
2) create a server. in quake 3 there is no difference b/w lan and net servers however games like CS have different options. you need to select the internet server option while creating.
3) ask your friend or whoever you are playing with to connect to your internet ip (which you found out in the 1st step). for eg in q3, u can do this by typing in the console '/connect 2xx.xx.xx.xx:27960'

i have tried this and have always got less than 30ms ping.

Another option is to join an online server. in india there are mainly two servers - kawabonka and frag-shack. i dont get good pings to frag-shack tho some sify users say they do. so u shud check it out. fragshack has got a CS, two q3 and one ET servers i think.

kawabonka gives good pings to all sify users. however it does only if ur internet ip is in the range of 210.xxx.xxx.xxx
so logout and login till you get the desired ip.

kawabonka only has a quake 3 cpma server rite now. you can connect to it thru its ip -> 203.122.58.142 and port 27960
[/b]

Unreal Tournament 2004 demo version has great maps and allows multiplayer gaming BTW.

Who is goin to set-up a centralized server so that all the registered users here can play the games online against/with each other?