192.168.1.1 repeated login requests

• Thread starter Thread starter Karthik7
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 3,638
ISP
BSNL
Whenever i try to login in to the router page ( 192.168.1.1 ), as i enter the password and User ID correctly, it holds for a second and then again requests for the User id and password. No matter how many times i enter the correct password and User id, it keeps on popping up the login request box forever and never really lets me inside the router page.
The only solution for me is to reset the modem. Its the only way for me to get inside the router page. This problem has occurred numerous times for me in the past, all i did was resetting the modem. Following configuration after resetting, it logins into the router page properly only for that instant. The next day, it again follows up with the repeated Login requests ( as i said, even though after entering the password and user name correctly, the authentication box holds for a second and pops up again )

What shall be done to rectify such a situation? ( as i cannot afford to reset the modem all the time -.- )
Thanks in advance.

Is your modem teracom tdsl w300? The black coloured one given by bsnl?

It appears that the your session is timing out too quickly.
Check some router login settings after a hard reset and try to fiddle with them.