Triband for Mac

• Thread starter Thread starter rishi7624
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 16
  • Views Views 3,269

rishi7624

HelloI am looking for a broadband connection for my mac iBook here in Bombay.Does anyone know if Mtnl application supports mac Os X for their broad band connection.Thank youRishi

i dont think its OS dependant.. Atleast if u connect thro Ethernet it shudnt be...

Thank you Akash and Delhiboy, I actually have a Pacenet Connection but they need to change the configuration to'Linux user' to enable Broadband. There is another PC used on same connection so I thought going in for Mtnl might be more appropriate. Thanks !!!

As far as I know abt. MAC OS X it has a built in PPPoE. U shud be able to connect MTNL DSL thru it. The steps to create a new PPPoE connection in Mac OS X 10.1 or 10.2 are:1. From the Apple menu, select System Preferences.2. Click on one of the Network icons.3. On the Network screen: · From the Show menu, select the Network Interface Card (NIC) connected to the DSL modem. · In the Configure menu, select Using PPP. · Make sure the boxes for Domain Name Servers and Search Domains are empty.4. Click the Apply Now button.5. Select the PPPoE tab.6. On the PPPoE tab: · Check the box beside Connect using PPPoE. · In the Account Name field, type your username. · In the Password field, enter your password.7. Select the PPPoE Options button.8. Under Advanced Options, make sure Send PPP echo packets is checked. Click OK.9. Click Save on the Network screen to save your new DSL connection.If the above steps do not work, go to the DNS (Domain Name Servers) page again and add the primary & secondary DNS there. (Tht we left blank earlier. Remember first try it by keeping them blank)Hope it works !!!!!!!!! 🙂 Let me know, in case ur using Jaguar (MAC OS X 10.3).

I don't think all this is necessary, because the router handles the connection and it is OS independant. But in case it is not working like that, and you decide to follow this procedure, you'll have to change the router to Bridge mode.

I mentioned the steps to create a PPPoE connection manually, just if in case the GUI of the router ("Web Access") does'nt get installed on his MAC machine (It generally creates sum compatibility issues. Never trust a MAC on this). However, if it installs w/o any trouble, then ur rite, no need 4 all this. 🙂

Unless you switch the router to bridge mode, the PPPoE client of the mac won't locate an access concentrator and hence will stay that it did not recieve any PPPoE offers. ie: No go on the connection.

Yeah very true, whenever u r configuring any PPPoE connection "On your Computer", u need to put ur modem or the router in the "Bridge" mode. Thts an obvious thing. 😛

Hmm, obvious, maybe to you.......but when you are writing instructions for someone, you aren't sure about whose technical knowledge, you should include such "obvious" things 🙂

Point Noted....... 🙂 Anyways, how to make tht orange mark before the post so tht sumone can go directly to the last message posted. 🤔

Dear bad_till_bones and advait Thank you very much for your help. I will get a Mtnl connection this week and get back to you on the progress. I am using Mac OS X Tiger edition. Actually I already have a Pacenet connection whose dialer is a .exe file ; is it possible to get your settings to work with Pacenet. They are telling me to get a different connection for Mac 🙂 Thanks a lot Rishi

There ought to be some way to make it work, I believe Pacenet works on PPPoE? If it does, it should work with any PPPoE client build into the Mac OS. ALthough I remember, I tried to get a friend's pacenet account work on an Ubuntu (Linux) installation....and couldn't. But there certainly has to be a way. You can figure it out if they tell you their exact authentication protocol etc. but most of the time those guys are ignorant. 😛

Originally posted by rishi7624@Sep 10 2005, 01:51 AM
Actually I already have a Pacenet connection whose dialer is a .exe file ; is it possible
to get your settings to work with Pacenet. They are telling me to get a different connection for
Mac 🙂

Rishi, Pacenet connection r PPPoE based. So, the setting tht I hve mentioned earlier will work with it. Just follow the instructions to make a Pacenet connection n later follow the same 4 MTNL.

Enjoy !!!!! 🙂

Hi Guys Sorry for the late reply but I think I have run into a problem. I got my mtnl connection about a week back but i managed to login without any hassles. I simply used the 'Assist Me' option to seach for a internet connection and all settings were done by the Software. However the CD which comes with DSL 502 does not run on Mac. Problems started yesterday when I went on the website and changed my password. I came on my computer and made the same password change but it won't login 🙁 I checked the MTNL user guide and it says that password has to be changed on the website and the router but the router software does not run on my mac. Would be grateful for any help... Rishi