Triband for Mac

rishi7624

[OP]
Sep 2, 2005
HelloI am looking for a broadband connection for my mac iBook here in Bombay.Does anyone know if Mtnl application supports mac Os X for their broad band connection.Thank youRishi

akash

Regulars
Regulars
Jul 18, 2005
i guess it will connectthough confirm it by going to d-link ka website read compatibility of 502t

rishi7624

[OP]
Sep 2, 2005
Thank you Akash and Delhiboy, I actually have a Pacenet Connection but they need to change the configuration to'Linux user' to enable Broadband. There is another PC used on same connection so I thought going in for Mtnl might be more appropriate. Thanks !!!

bad_till_bones

GraveYard
Regulars
Jul 6, 2005
As far as I know abt. MAC OS X it has a built in PPPoE. U shud be able to connect MTNL DSL thru it. The steps to create a new PPPoE connection in Mac OS X 10.1 or 10.2 are:1. From the Apple menu, select System Preferences.2. Click on one of the Network icons.3. On the Network screen: · From the Show menu, select the Network Interface Card (NIC) connected to the DSL modem. · In the Configure menu, select Using PPP. · Make sure the boxes for Domain Name Servers and Search Domains are empty.4. Click the Apply Now button.5. Select the PPPoE tab.6. On the PPPoE tab: · Check the box beside Connect using PPPoE. · In the Account Name field, type your username. · In the Password field, enter your password.7. Select the PPPoE Options button.8. Under Advanced Options, make sure Send PPP echo packets is checked. Click OK.9. Click Save on the Network screen to save your new DSL connection.If the above steps do not work, go to the DNS (Domain Name Servers) page again and add the primary & secondary DNS there. (Tht we left blank earlier. Remember first try it by keeping them blank)Hope it works !!!!!!!!! :) Let me know, in case ur using Jaguar (MAC OS X 10.3).

adwait

Regulars
Jul 8, 2005
I don't think all this is necessary, because the router handles the connection and it is OS independant. But in case it is not working like that, and you decide to follow this procedure, you'll have to change the router to Bridge mode.

bad_till_bones

GraveYard
Regulars
Jul 6, 2005
I mentioned the steps to create a PPPoE connection manually, just if in case the GUI of the router ("Web Access") does'nt get installed on his MAC machine (It generally creates sum compatibility issues. Never trust a MAC on this). However, if it installs w/o any trouble, then ur rite, no need 4 all this. :)

adwait

Regulars
Jul 8, 2005
Unless you switch the router to bridge mode, the PPPoE client of the mac won't locate an access concentrator and hence will stay that it did not recieve any PPPoE offers. ie: No go on the connection.

bad_till_bones

GraveYard
Regulars
Jul 6, 2005
Yeah very true, whenever u r configuring any PPPoE connection "On your Computer", u need to put ur modem or the router in the "Bridge" mode. Thts an obvious thing. :p

adwait

Regulars
Jul 8, 2005
Hmm, obvious, maybe to you.......but when you are writing instructions for someone, you aren't sure about whose technical knowledge, you should include such "obvious" things :)