Reliance Jio Fiber Routers and ONTs

@SG_curiosity They are given on the user guide supplied with the Giga router. I am not sure if the guide and the username & password are same or different across models. By the way what is the model number, manufacturer (You can find by reading the QR code.) and color of Router?

Last edited:
@MSR Murthy Please provide me some details.
Q1. Is your WhiteGigahub Express version 1.0 or 2.01 or something else? Check your Jio GigaFiber manual outer cover?

Q2. What is your device firmware version and Hardware version?
To check this go to Jio GigaFiber login page 192.168.29.1 on browser and then put default User Name is admin and password is Jiocentrum then go to Status» Device Status» System Information.
(Write full number).

Q3. What is current Firmware Date? To check this go to Administration» Maintenance» Firmware Upgrade.

Rs. 2500 ONT
source: dreamdth
5dEFpcf.jpg

Here is the box
CJtYGgF.jpg

ufxQusT.jpg

F51rWBx.jpg

2hDiiba.jpg

Connection is getting activated.
This box is much lighter than the previous one.
(1). Jio GigaFiber Black colour ONT Model No. WU JCO300.
Manufacturing date 8/2017.
Made in China.
Dual band Wifi 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz.

(2). Jio GigaFiber White colour ONT Model No. UF JCO500.
Manufacturing date 08/2016.
Made in Vietnam.
Dual band Wifi 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz.

Both have same number of ports and buttons. Weight may have some difference.

I have seen some videos on YouTube where white colour jio GigaFiber ONT (Jio home GigaHub) is v2.01. and some are v1.0 written on cover of Jio manual page.

But I am bit surprised because if white GigaFiber ONT is old model then why it v2.01 and it's Model No. is JCO500 whereas new black colour Jio GigaFiber is v1.0 and it's model No. is JCO300.

Why black colour ONT have smaller model number and v1.0? Is it indicate that it is lower/cheaper model compared to white ONT?
jlM8nfA.jpg

5xWWQm9.jpg
@undercover No. I am not mainly taking about v1.0 or v2.01. My main query is that if White ONT (JCO500) is older model and black ONT is new model then why it's model no. is JCO300 but not JCO500 (Black) or JCO600 etc. ?

Isn't indicates that black ONT may be older model or maybe lower/cheaper version model compared to JCO500 (White)?
I have confirmed the difference between White Jio GigaFiber ONT Model No. JCO500 and Black Jio GigaFiber Model No. JCO300. Both are dual band Wifi router and support 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz but White ONT JCO500 model have better WiFi range compared to Black JCO300.
----------------------------------

But one thing I was forgot to asked that what is the price of Black Jio GigaFiber ONT JCO300 (dual band 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz Wifi router ONT) {don't confused with Rs 2500 single band 2.4Ghz Wifi Black ONT}.
And If price of Black JCO300 ONT is same as White GigaFiber ONT JCO500 i.e., Rs4500 then why it's have lesser WiFi range?

This thing only can get confirmed if someone who have Black JCO300 (dual band 2.4Ghz & 5Ghz WiFi ONT) share it's Hardware and Firmware version.
To check H/W and F/W versions, go to Jio GigaFiber login page 192.168.29.1 on browser and then put default User Name is admin and password is Jiocentrum then go to Status» Device Status» System Information.

Also What is current Firmware Date? To check this go to Administration» Maintenance» Firmware Upgrade.

(Give the full number). @undercover

Jio GigaFiber becomes cheaper than ever before: Here's the new pricing and what it offers - Technology News

--The router that the Rs 2,500 plan offers is only a single band router. In comparison, the Rs 4,500 plan offers dual-band router with support for 2.4GHz and 5Ghz bandwidth.

--The router with the cheaper plan also reduced the network speed to 50Mbps. This is almost half the speed of what GigaFiber promises. The Rs 4,500 plan offers the full 100Mbps speed.

--Surprisingly, subscribers who have got this cheaper plan are getting access to voice services on GigaFiber, which means they can make calls through the broadband service. --Another subscriber has confirmed that the Rs 2,500 plan offers the JioTV app.

--Despite the lesser price and slower speeds, subscribers will get access to 1,100GB data per month.

fucktards cannot contact the company and get official response.

I think whats happening is that the 2500 rs router is only 2.4 GHz which can practically handle upto 50 mbps over wireless but should be 100 mbps(if not gigabit) on wired.

yes 2.4GHZ router has speed of 50mbps to 75mbps but article give impression that indeed the plan speed is 50mbps for anyone who opt for 2500rs ONT. I was thinking to go with 1500rs ONT. Now not sure weather they are talking about plan speed or router speed.

My friend just got Jio Fiber and I can confirm that the Rs.2500 Plan comes with a 2.4 GHz single band router with gigabit Ethernet port and the plan speed is 100 Mbps. The engineer said Rs 1500 router was planned with 100Mbps ethernet port but the plan was put to a hold for some reason.

The WiFi was able to go as high up to 70 up and 70 down on a OnePlus 6t while sitting right by the router.

Source

last night i was testing some speed test and got this speed while surfing its close to 1Gbps as promised but Right now we are in preview offer.it supposed to be 100Mbps only 😀.

Found it on YouTube.