How to check Download and Upload Speed (Single Connection) between Home Broadband and VPS?

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 63558
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 2,685
D

Deleted member 63558

Hi. I have server located in different country. But I want to check the speed between the VPS and Home Broadband.

Connection #1

Test Type: Upload Speed and Download Speed.

VPS OS: Ubuntu without GUI

Home Broadband system IS: Windows.

Let me know.

No, that host provider doesn't have speed test or looking glass or speedtest node.

Thanks.

@varkey

If you have public IP with your VPS then put a large file (like an ISO) on apache web server or open ssh and from windows use browser or WinSCP to download that file and check the speed you get?

How would I check the upload speed?

@varkey I need help with iperf. If you could help a bit?

iperf is simple, just run iperf -s on the server and on the client run iperf -c <server ip address>

You can tweak the parallel threads, duration, transfer size etc if you'd like.

@varkey I was able to do Windows to Windows iperf. But I am not able to do Windows to Linux or Linux to Windows (given that Excitel doesn't allow port-forwarding).

How can I set this up?

Linux is in France.

Windows to Windows IPERF was on LAN.

Please help.

Iperf does not require open ports. Use the -R flag for reverse speeds.

@alphago When I am trying to do the Windows to Linux Speedtest. It says "Connection Refused".

What to do?

I did a lot of Google Search but couldn't find any result.

Also if you want to test global speeds of the vps, you can use speedtest-cli (pip install speedtest-cli)

I did, It says "Connection Refused".

I am basically not able to install iperf3 on the Ubuntu Linux. It has iperf2 pre-installed.

I tried a lot of shit since then but not working.

Try sudo apt update && sudo apt purge iperf* && sudo apt install iperf3 on the vps

96xmz7i.png

^ Linux Server.

6UIv3nG.png

Windows PC

What to do?