Are there ISPs in India who provide proper IPv6 connectivity?

How important is IPv6 to you when choosing an ISP?

• Extremely important. Would actively prefer ISPs who provide IPv6

• Lack of IPv6 connectivity is not really a dealbreaker

• What's IPv6?

Results are only viewable after voting.

leteras

[OP]
Feb 14, 2019
ACT gives you a single dynamic /64 which is pretty useless and this seems to be unsupported as their customer support have no idea what IPv6 is.

So, are there any ISPs who provide or are planning to provide in the future a static IPv6 with at least a /56 or larger prefix?
Any insiders know the status of IPv6 deployment and roadmaps for ISPs and why the delay in implementing them?

ajgamer

Regulars
Dec 28, 2014
@leteras I can't talk about the whole subnet to be honest but Airtel and Jio has the IPv6 already with them.

Given that Jio already deploys IPv6 on their Mobile Network and same as Airtel.

About the wired? Jio have IPv6 on Wired too. But Airtel is not that regular with it.

leteras

[OP]
Feb 14, 2019
Can you use your own router with Jio? I think I saw here you couldn't put the jio fiber router/ONT in bridge mode

achaudhary997

Regulars
Apr 15, 2018
Since I don't know your use case the easiest and the most economical thing to do is to run a digital ocean droplet with ipv6 and tunnel all data through it. The above config should work with all ISPs

Reactions: varkey

d5aqoëp

Regulars
Aug 13, 2014
Jio is very restrictive when it comes to bridge mode or port forwarding. Plus most of the torrent sites, p0rn and some random sites are blocked. Arguably they are the ONLY IPv6 network which have correct deployment. Most of the other ISPs are completely clueless.

leteras

[OP]
Feb 14, 2019
@d5aqoëp so any chance of using your own equipment with the appropriate media converters/SFP module?

d5aqoëp

Regulars
Aug 13, 2014
No. Not possible to use own Gpon equipment when they have not even officially launched yet.

Mar 28, 2019
Since I don't know your use case the easiest and the most economical thing to do is to run a digital ocean droplet with ipv6 and tunnel all data through it. The above config should work with all ISPs
I'm interested to do this..Can you please give me instructions on how to do it..
Thanks

popcorn

Apr 10, 2005
Mumbai
in Airtel if you change Apn type to default,supl,xcap than you can reach a ipv6 website using dual stack. Its not pure ipv6.
But only jio is as of now giving limited ipv6 in NAT based ipv6 deployment.

achaudhary997

Regulars
Apr 15, 2018
Reactions: varkey