How to successfully torrent on Excitel Broadband?

ISP
Airtel Xstream
why is excitel so bad at seeding torrents? is it due to double nat? torrent are a give and take thing. if u download 1 gig then u should seed that gig as well . but with excitel its just not possible to seed torrents . is getting a seedbox the only solution to this? or can this be fixed via the static ip method @Sidharth P suggested in his thread?

My solution for static IP wouldn't solve the seeding problem, the reason is because Excitel themselves have a torbox. If you seed any file you are seeding it with other Excitel users. Only a externally hosted VPN could fix this as it will tunnel all your P2P traffic as normal web traffic which can't be used by the Excitels torbox.

thats how they save their bandwidth

btw anyone know if all ISP participating in torbox project share files with each other or just among their own users ?

KVCK8tr.png

Hello. I am trying to seed torrent on Excitel.

I have tried private and public both but the seeding is not happening at all.

Seeding happens only when torrent is still downloading but it stops seeding when torrent is downloaded.

Why is that so?

Last edited by a moderator:
try qbittorrent.

also which client are you using? maybe theres some setting which is preventing when torrent is downloaded?

Also when you're downloading something popular, say latest game of thrones, there are usually many seeders so maybe thats why its not seeding.

are you downloading popular torrents? try downloading some obscure niche stuff and see if seeding is occuring

So it's a bit weird with Excitel. I can seed torrents after downloading also but it's not as straightforward as other ISPs. Everyone won't be able to connect to you, but still you can seed. Try seeding a popular torrent which has a lot of leechers.

I am using qbittorrent only.

I tried very niche private torrent too. But it's not seeding.

Last edited by a moderator:
When you say it's seeding while download are you seeding to/uploading to excitels private torrent clients (10.x.x.x) or to real public IPs.

Edit: private torrent clients Usually have the following ip 10.240.x.x