How does Sify broadband work?

• Thread starter Thread starter inetbum
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 4,612
surjeett! Good thing you restarted this thread. I'd forgotten all about it. Since you are a Sify franchisee yourself you'd know about it 🙂 I wanted to know what's the physical structure of a Sify connection from the sunscriber's home to the franchisee like? We all know that it's a LAN and has a gateway. So where does the Subscriber Unit come into the picture? Is it so that one Subscriber Unit can serve more than one LAN ?One employee of my Sify franchisee told me that there's a network hub on some pole right outside the apartment I live in. That hub I think must connect me and the other computers on the same LAN as me to the gateway. What do you think?

hehe ur CTO uses HUbs, lol mine uses switches frm SMC and whoa the speeds r gr8 on Lan, actually i didnt think that someone wuld invest that much in gettin switches rather than hubs, but to my supriese he uses a 100mb/s one.and as to ur question yes Hubs r used to connect computers togeather where there is need to connect more than 2 comps.