• Views Views 1,149

pothi

@127.0.0.1
ISP
BSNL - 3G
VI - LTE
Airtel - LTE/5G
Jio - 5G
Recently, Airtel sales reps came to a small but wealthy village (with lots of businesses), to convert most of the BSNL ADSL users into Airtel. BSNL is doing fine actually, due to the availability of sub-exchange in that village.

It's around 15 km from my home town.

Airtel seems to provide broadband over wifi at a speed of 2mbps for Rs1200+ per month. I contacted the sales rep a couple of weeks ago and asked him, if it is really 2mbps. He said yes. I was laughing myself as BSNL is capable of providing much more speed than 2mbps. So, I asked him if it is possible to provide 10mbps up and down. He said yes and promised to get back to me with tariff in a few minutes. But, a couple of weeks passed since then. No reply from him. I didn't follow up with him, either. Because, I am not interested in 2mbps for 1200+ bucks. I am doing fine with 5mbps with BSNL at 250+GST (I am still with old plan).

I had an alternate Airtel connection in my work place which is far away from home. I haven't visited my work place for a couple of months for personal reasons and decided to cancel the Airtel connection too. When I spoke to 121 for cancellation, they asked me to give them a chance to see the feasibility in my home location. I provided with home address and within 2 hours, I got an SMS to confirm the feasibility of Airtel. 😉

I don't know if this is any kind of trick by Airtel.

Airtel may provide me with broadband over wifi at 2mbps. I am certainly not interested in it, though.

But, I wonder if anyone has any experience using broadband over wifi on Airtel?

I am aware that BSNL has broadband over wifi plans that come with 30mbps up and down. I read a thread here. My very first broadband connection was with a local ISP that provided exactly the same technology. It was 10 years ago. It was a huge failure, at that time. Things have changed a lot since then. Personally, I like BSNL's broadband over wifi plans. But, it was shutdown here in my city just before Jio 4g launch. I think it was 3 years ago. I really wish BSNL brings it back. Line of sight isn't a big issue in villages. So, it'd work fine on villages.

I am wiping my eyes after reading your thread. 😢 😢 😢

You're Sakth Launda! (Happy in 5Mbps)