How to deal with Hathway tele-callers?

• Thread starter Thread starter anirdb55
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 37,981
ISP
Hathway
Dear Members,

So I had the misfortune of subscribing to Hathway as my Broadband provider in Mumbai. Due to their pathetic customer service and attitude, I finally stopped using the connection in April 2018 having paid all dues.

Since then, every day, their tele-callers have been harrassing me through calls. It's random calls from random numbers throughout the week-days. Pleading, requesting, shouting haven't changed anything. Complaints using Twitter handles, tagging sleeping TRAI's official handle haven't changed anything either.

Can you suggest me a way to deal with it?

I have also made a thread about this issue at Reddit available at: Source

PS: From their twitter handle, it does seem that this targetted harrassment of erstwhile customers is their tried and tested business tactics. Loads of complaints there are exactly like mine.

Same issue but with RBL credit card though. I am guessing they aren't really RBL, they are 3rd party , sales agents of RBL.

Upvote 0
Hi, It's Hathway's army of Sales and Marketing team which calls you daily and ask you for the renewal.

The max. you can do in this case is this: FIR or Complaint in the Consumer Forum.

I know what you're talking about since I have not renewed Hathway for some time in recent months because I was testing this shit Excitel Broadband.

So, Hathway would call me daily and ask for the renewal.

And, RBL Bank's Team calls me 4-5 times per month. It's not that frequent as Hathway calls almost daily and that too 3-4 times daily.

Upvote 0
You have DND activated on your number? If you have DND activated but still receive marketing calls, dial 1909 and lodge a complaint.

Upvote 0
Just say wrong number and block that number, they will eventually run out of numbers.
Vodafone did the same thing to me few years ago and I blocked every number they called from.

Upvote 0
Thanks for all the suggestions. Since I have DND activated, I will lodge a complaint as suggested. Thanks.

Upvote 0
Hathway's Customer Retention and Renewal Calls doesn't come under DND.

Top of that, they call from normal sim cards which any mobile company can't suspect it as sales and marketing.

That's the reason all those other network company calling for the port or similar number offers calls don't face DND issue because they use normal number to call.

DND won't help you.

RBLs calls come under DND if we are not their customer yet or haven't filled the concent of call (overwriiting DND).

Upvote 0
i had a similar issue with videocon d2h. multiple calls every day from different numbers.
luckily most of them were already identified as spam by google caller id engine.
finally forced me to turn the disable call option for identified spam calls.

Upvote 0
Hathway's Customer Retention and Renewal Calls doesn't come under DND.

Top of that, they call from normal sim cards which any mobile company can't suspect it as sales and marketing.

That's the reason all those other network company calling for the port or similar number offers calls don't face DND issue because they use normal number to call.

DND won't help you.

Exactly!

Hathway has an automated system that would connect us with a representative AFTER we answer the call.

This way, they don't even want to waste time of their representatives. 😒🙄

Have complained on their Twitter but still getting calls. What could we do regarding this apart from telling everyone to stay away from Hathway? 😢

Upvote 0
Since 1 year I'm continuously daily receiving calls from Hathway. They just don't stop calling you.

All you can do is, simply disconnect the call.

I think we should talk to the Mobile Network Operator to fine Hathway for continuously calling daily. Can it be done?

Upvote 0
A friend of mine also used to get calls and then calls stopped in like 2 months. I am also getting calls everyday. Some of that caller once told me to go on their website and fill a form for permanent closure and we won't get calls anymore. I didn't bother for it lol but still getting calls. I guess that trick might be worth a shot.

Upvote 0
Please post a tweet to @DoT_India. They replied to mine right away.

The calls from Hathway have reduced drastically. 🙂

Source

Since 1 year I'm continuously daily receiving calls from Hathway. They just don't stop calling you.

All you can do is, simply disconnect the call.

I think we should talk to the Mobile Network Operator to fine Hathway for continuously calling daily. Can it be done?

Upvote 0
My God. I just started to face this in Kolkata. Just gave up on my 3 year old Hathway connection over reliability issues and frequent downtimes in recent months in favour of Jio Fiber. Have been getting calls ever since. The calls are repetitive and harassing in nature and each agent pays no attention to take a note of the situation. Some of them simply hang up on the face after being requested to transfer the call to a supervisor. It seems like their plans are "Pre-paid plans" just in namesake. They are treated like loan recovery more once someone decides to cross the billing date or terminate the connection. I have had a postpaid broadband connection for almost 10 years with Airtel and have never been harassed like this for days even if I crossed the billing due date. Contacted their Nodal / Appellate today. Let's see how it pans out.

Upvote 0