Google Prompt not coming on phone

• Thread starter Thread starter tech_help
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 1,250
what is google prompt?

lol. til what google prompt is.

have you configured 2fa on google account?

I see this in settings but not receiving on phone

Google sent a notification to your Asus Zenfone Lite L1 (ZA551KL) / ZenFone Live L1/L2 (ZA550KL). Tap Yes on the notification to continue.

i do suggest using authy for 2fa. i don't remember configuring google prompt on google 2fa. but it does seem to work fine on my phone.

well. i don't have an answer for why your phone is not showing google prompt. but you really should consider using authy in place of google authenticator. or at least take good care of your google backup codes. because if your phone stops working or gets lost, you would find yourself unable to access your google account.

Getting code by call is also an option
I got the prompt by opening Gmail App
what is authy for 2fa?

with google authenticator... you have to connect all your accounts every time you reset your phone or change your phone.
authy is basically like google authenticator. but it keeps all your accounts stored online. and you can access it from multiple devices.
so if you lose your phone or change your phone or reset your phone... you do not have to reconfigure 2fa on google and other services. they are all available.

RPkUSsB.png

i am using 2fa on 9 web services. if i were to use google authenticator for them... every time i reset my phone, i would have to configure them again and again. authy saves me from that.