Excitel Broadband has no support for Port Forwarding

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 63558
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 55
  • Views Views 17,318
D

Deleted member 63558

Hi, I am struggling to get my ports open on Excitel Broadband and I have tried a lot of stuff which are mentioned over the web. (Please don't say Zerotier since that's a way-around not solution)

HWKqeO0.png

I can't believe my eyes. Do you agree?

Is it really true?

cc: @achaudhary997

Just to be sure what are you using windows / linux?
Can you show a picture of portforward / dmz settings
Also if windows did you check if the firewall is allowing incoming connections on that port
Even though you allow the application sometimes you'll have to manually create a rule in windows to get it working

If Linux try dmz on router and then accept all connections on iptables just for a test

Also what's the router setup you have
Like fiber ONT -> TP-Link - > pc
Or are there any devices in between

I have a feeling that the reply means to say that they are not explicitly blocking any port. Like say port 46789, because some gaming service is using it.

Or maybe it's actually working. I'll try dmzing my laptop in the router and try to access it. Will update this post with the result.

EDIT: Nope still doesn't work.

Last edited:
Reactions: Smh
Yup, so what I did was I added my laptop's IP as the DMZ in the router. Then I started a simple HTTP server using python on port 34884 and allowed python to go through my firewall.
Windows is allowing connections because I can connect to my pc in my Local Network. But when I do a port scan of the public IP which I can only port 22 (ssh), and another port for BGP is open.

Is there any way I can know which ports are allowed by the Excitel?

I want to use some ports for my applications.

@achaudhary997
Windows is allowing connections because I can connect to my pc in my localhost. But when I do a port scan of the public IP which I can only port 22 (ssh), and another port for BGP is open.

Are you trying to say, they don't have any ports open?

Is there any way I can know which ports are allowed by the Excitel?

I want to use some ports for my applications.

Are you trying to say, they don't have any ports open?

Rather than saying ports are open I would rephrase it as "ports are not blocked". On excitel's public IP only two services are running which are ssh (22), BGP(179) [as told to me by nmap]. Therefore if you type publicIP : Port in any application you can only connect to these two ports. I am doing some more tests.

yeah local worked for me too wan didn't work until i messed with my windows firewall

So just to make sure. I used a small Linux machine which I had and added that to DMZ. Still, I can't connect to it using the public IP which I have.

Sure, I'm waiting for your tests and in-depth testing. Let's see how true Excitel's reply is and what are our solution to this.

Port-Forwarding is a much needed stuff.

^ Spectra works fine in the port-forwarding as a member of this forum already using Spectra.

Issue is with Excitel since Excitel is on Dual NAT.

According to Excitel's normal support, no port is closed/blocked.

According to Excitel's Technical Team: Internet of Excitel runs on Dual NAT infra. (They say no port is blocked by them) but in Dual NAT scenario, it's blocked because it's what it is.

Nope. So port forwarding does not work. All the public IPs owned by excitel as of now does not have any other service running (either on them or via port forwarding).

I tried DMZing a Linux as well as a windows machine and using ports in the range of (27000-35000) but it still doesn't work.
The only way I guess to access the home network is via a VPN which goes through a third party. Like zero-tier or running a server and relaying everything through that machine.

Although a lot of people are trying to run services via port forwarding, as on the 10.x.x.x IPs given by excitel I saw many open ports. Most of them were for CCTV cameras and/or router remote access.