BSNL broadband providing 15 KBps to sites like GitHub

• Thread starter Thread starter MikeHolmes
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 33
  • Views Views 6,736
Interesting, I just tried a git clone of the Kubernetes repo and I got the full speed 45-50 Mbps on BSNL FTTH 50 Mbps 777 plan.

Not bad at all, impressed that BSNL Kerala is doing a great job.

That aside, as @vishalrao mentioned, moving to FTTH might not show much improvement as it essentially shares the core infra with ADSL broadband as well. However, FTTH is definitely much more stabler and consistent in performance, and that alone is good reason to try FTTH IMHO.

The problem I see with BSNL is that it is difficult to reach the technical people who can fix problems. Ever since I got the connection, I am not able to access http://fuptopup.bsnl.co.in, it appears to be because they haven't white listed or configured the IP ranges that gets allocated to me. I raised 2 complaints, first one got closed after 10 days without any resolution with just a note "sde". So I called 1500 and explained the problem and he raised another complaint saying BB is entirely down. Although I had properly explained that I had no issues other than accessing this specific site. Couple of days later some lady called who appears to be from the main office in the city (Ernakulam), and I explained the issue again and she didn't appear to even understand the technical details, but gave me a "@gmail" email address where I should email with all the details.🤷‍♂️

On searching online, it appears to be an email account referred in multiple BSNL FTTH documents belonging to the FTTH team in Ernakulam. So I emailed the details yesterday, fingers crossed, hopefully will get some assistance. 🤞

Got an update on this issue -- Need some review of new BSNL Bharat Fiber FTTH Broadband Plans 777 / 1277 | Bharat Fiber Broadband (BSNL FTTH)

Hello everybody I know it is bit old thread but the issue is similar. So from 6 December I am facing uneven download speed on many websites be it iso downloading from Ubuntu or mint, Idm, GitHub anything only all google products, Netflix, and Apple products download are getting the full bandwidth. I am on 30mbps bsnl ftth. I have emailed nib many times they said they have booked docket with Bangalore noc but not found any issue. I have never faced this kind of issue before 6 December. Can you help me I will post everything that I have sent to nib. Only Cloudflare wrap is solving the problem. I have two VPN one cyberghost premium and another windscribe free surprisingly I can’t reach my download speed from these two also.

Realistically using warp or any VPN that works during these times is the only way. These are the times where their external routes are having issues and they are already aware of it and 'maybe' trying to fix it. Google, netflix etc. are cached at isp level so those will be fine.