Bsnl ftth PS4 NAT Type

• Thread starter Thread starter abhi9822&
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 96
  • Views Views 11,738
ISP
Bsnl ftth
I am getting nat type 3. Got connection this weekend and after that tried port forwarding and changing dns but still nothing works.

Are you getting a public IP from them on the FTTH? If yes, can you share a screenshot of port forwarding settings you did?

I have optlink modem from bsnl and have connected D-Link router to it using lan and router configured itself automatically. Didn't do any setting for bridging.
I haven't changed any settings in bsnl modem.
Here is screenshot of Port forwarding settings
Port Forward

Since not configured in the bridge, it's very likely that BSNL is the one dialling PPPoE and getting WAN IP. So before you setup port forwarding on your D-Link router, you first need to setup port forwarding from BSNL Optilink device to D Link router.

Either setup port forwarding or just put D-Link device private LAN IP as "DMZ IP" in BSNL device and maintain firewall at the D-Link only.

I hope it will help.

Yes very likely because unless you have changed default setup:

Optilink will dial PPPoE and will get 1 Public WAN IP and next would have DHCP+NAT preconfigured. When you connect D-Link to it and defined WAN IP for D-Link as "DHCP" then D-Link will learn a private IP via DHCP of Optilink.

Check you WAN IP of D-Link to confirm the same.

Config wise it seems fine on D-Link. I haven't checked what specific ports you need for PS4 but as long as you have checked I can confirm setup wise it is fine.

Login on Optilink and try to find DMZ settings.

Yes, screenshot showing DMZ settings to be sure.
Plus last time when I used, BSNL used to give public IP. Do cross check it to be sure that your WAN IP is public and not a private IP.

@Anurag Bhatia @abhi9822& Perhaps it makes sense to remove the double NAT? Either set the ONT in bridge mode and let your D-Link do NAT or let it be as is now, and use the D-Link as a dumb AP? ie just connect the cable from your ONT to one of the LAN ports on the D-Link device, and disable the DHCP server on the D-Link. You'd then need to manage port-forward and other things on the ONT device.