Is Excitel Broadband throttling data transfer on VPN?

a.c

ISP
Excitel
From the past days I have noticed that PIA download speed is usually reduced to 10mbps whereas upload is maxed out at 50mbps.
Any speed test done to any us/UK server has the same problem. Download initally starts at 40mbps then comes down to 10mbps or less. Whereas upload usually starts around 70-80 Mbps settles around 48-49 Mbps. It can't be a routing problem cause upload is fine.

If someone is on Excitel please test speed to various us/UK servers and post results here if possible.
Link: VPN Virtual Private Network Services | Private Internet Access

AAHuRuz.png
BRiDQd4.png

Lol. I don't know what to even say if I complain. It did improve but i remember earlier i used to get about 70-80% of my connection speed (35-40mbp)

Source

Source

Upload, inside PIA or normal, can be unrelated to DL speed. You should check your speed test without VPN to servers in these countries. Low speed in overseas server is standard issue with all ISP (except maybe Airtel) today, there is zero quality check here. I think ISP should provide minimum 20% of speed. I think there was a thread on ACT giga here which showed <10mbps upload on 1gbit connection here

Normal speedtest fetches me about 30-40mbps depending on when I test (usually higher in the night).
Also, why would upload not be linked to download? From what I know If i can upload to that server at 40mbps I should be able to download at the same speed (since I know that the server can upload at that speed). Since there is the capacity to transfer 40mbps data unless the downstream of isp is being choked (since most people download rather than upload).

lol. you might be onto something. i am getting shit speeds on pia VPN today. so decided to download ubuntu. could not cross 500kBps on wget. on torrents, i am struggling to touch 2MBps. public torrents are downloading at dialup speeds.