Is Excitel really worth it in Dwarka Sector 9, Delhi

• Thread starter Thread starter dagasaheb
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 36
  • Views Views 7,802
ISP
Airtel
Hi everybody out there!!!

I'm a newbie here and want some suggestions regarding the most stable broadband in my area. I have a 3BHK apartment on the 5th floor of a 10 storey building/apartment in Dwarka Sector 9. To be precise, my location is on the cusp of Sector 7 Dwarka & Sector 9 Dwarka; one side of the raod is considered Sector 7 & the other side is considered Sector 9. I reached out to a few local internet providers, but to my bad luck, no one provides broadband at my location. I'm using Airtel V-fiber right now which is okay but I'm not satisfied by the FUP. I know Excitel is available at my location, but reading the reviews here & everywhere, I'm sceptical to opt for Excitel. Just want to know good (or bad) Excitel really is............ Is Excitel worth it?????

Excitel works smoothly in sector 9. Try opting for their ftth plans.

yeah. excitel is pretty good if the local lco has managed the network well. there are still some issues... like it is probably not for gaming or p2p sharing... but it is pretty solid deal if most of what you do on the net is stream. excitel is excellent for media consumption.

Excitel works smoothly in sector 9. Try opting for their ftth plans.

Thanks for addressing my query! Don't mind me asking but, are you based in Dwarka Sector 9? If yes, please share the contact details of your reliable LCO. It would be better for me to directly talk to him

yeah. excitel is pretty good if the local lco has managed the network well. there are still some issues... like it is probably not for gaming or p2p sharing... but it is pretty solid deal if most of what you do on the net is stream. excitel is excellent for media consumption.

Thanks for the reply bro! If Excitel has some issues like p2p sharing, so torrents would probably have problems???

Also, Does Excitel provide public IP's as part of their regular packages or as an add on? I mean, I don't want to share my IP with other users on the same network............. that could lead to a security nightmare!!

Most importantly, is the connection provided by Excitel stable?? Occasionally, I do a lot of long video chats with my clients. Is frequent disconnections a daily problem or more like a certain number of monthly outages?

The last thing I want is to get all the fiber & wiring done in my new house & then get rid of Excitel after 2-3 months because of whatever possible reasons or technical issues. Seriously, I don't want that!

Thanks for addressing my query! Don't mind me asking but, are you based in Dwarka Sector 9? If yes, please share the contact details of your reliable LCO. It would be better for me to directly talk to him
I am not in sector 9 but in sector 14, although all my friends are using excitel with ease there.
There is only one LCO, if you contact excitel, they'll be providing their details only

torrents work. but seeding is not really strong so you could have issues on private trackers.
no public ip. no static ip. best is to use a VPN for torrenting. and yes, you are likely to find yourself on a blacklisted ip resulting in facing captchas on web services.
no one can tell you about connection stability because it changes from one area to another. one customer to another. it's a risk you would have to take.

I am not in sector 9 but in sector 14, although all my friends are using excitel with ease there.
There is only one LCO, if you contact excitel, they'll be providing their details only

Is there only 1 LCO for the entire Dwarka region????
I did some digging & found 1 retailer in Dwarka Sector 8 & one in Dwarka Sector 7 Palam.
The Sector 8 retailer has a bad reputation of pathetic service

Can you just confirm Excitel FTTH is available in Dwarka & people are using FTTH & not FTTN

torrents work. but seeding is not really strong so you could have issues on private trackers.
no public ip. no static ip. best is to use a VPN for torrenting. and yes, you are likely to find yourself on a blacklisted ip resulting in facing captchas on web services.
no one can tell you about connection stability because it changes from one area to another. one customer to another. it's a risk you would have to take.

I'm not afraid of risks bro but it has to be a calculated risk. If connection stability changes from one area to another, one customer to another, then a reliable, approachable & responsible LCO is the first & foremeost thing for Excitel broadband to work, even if it is FTTH

I've heard that Excitel has issues with TP-Link routers. I have a brand new Netgear R6350 AC1750 Smart WiFi Router, got it as a gift from my friend. I hope it works well with Excitel without the DD-WRT way.........

at best you can check with your neighbors who are already using excitel. especially the guys who are connected to the same line coming to your place. because if connection goes down for them, it would go down for you as well.

Is there only 1 LCO for the entire Dwarka region????
I did some digging & found 1 retailer in Dwarka Sector 8 & one in Dwarka Sector 7 Palam.
The Sector 8 retailer has a bad reputation of pathetic service

Can you just confirm Excitel FTTH is available in Dwarka & people are using FTTH & not FTTN

Excitel is using ftth for those who have requested for it.
And man, dwarka is a very big area, I was talking about Sector 9 . My friend contacted excitel directly for connection. He asked if he can change LCO (as he was opting for multi month plans) and they stated there is only 1 LCO available as of now in their area.

at best you can check with your neighbors who are already using excitel. especially the guys who are connected to the same line coming to your place. because if connection goes down for them, it would go down for you as well.

Bro, I just shifted into a new apartment & so far I don't think anybody is using Excitel in my society apartments. There is this internal wiring system that is being used for the Society Telecoms & Airtel for broadband purposes. I have been trying to get in touch with people who use Excitel in my area and that is why I specifically mentioned "Dwarka Sector 9" in the thread name

Also, I hope Netgear R6350 AC 1750 Smart Router is good & compatible with Excitel....?

when you apply for excitel. just get details of people around you connected to excitel from the excitel guy. they should be able to tell you about active connections.

Of course I will get the details but only if I see Excitel to be fit for my purpose

Is Netgear R6350 AC 1750 fine & good enough or do I need something more suitable for Excitel?