BSNL Speed Issues

ISP
BSNL
So I have the 10gb plan and I should get around 8mbps which I used to..once upon a time :s but I've noticed since the last 2 days ( ever since the lineman fixed my issue of frequent d/c ) that I am getting speeds of just 3mbps :O
I don't even exceed the FUP limit :s

Anyone knows what's the issue? Or tip? I have already complained way too many times :<

Router stats:

ADSL Link​
Downstream​
Upstream​
Connection Speed​
3919 Kbps​
552 Kbps​
Line Attenuation​
31.5 dB​
4.3 dB​
Noise Margin​
5.3 dB​
4.3 dB​

Do you have a router page which shows "max attainable bitrate" or something similar? Looks like your line does not support 8 mbps speeds - the cause of frequent disconnection. Ask your bsnl exchange to increase your speed to 6 mbps to try, if it starts frequent disconnection again, then go down to 4 mbps.

And perhaps the line man took the easy route and just got the sync rate reduced so that the connection is more stable, rather than improving the line itself (if at all feasible)

Hi,
Thanks for the replies 🙂

"Do you have a router page which shows "max attainable bitrate" or something similar? "
-I don't think I can see anything like that on my page :s. I have Netgear n150

It all happened after he fixed something at the pole near my house and then..something at the exchange. The link is stable now ..the modem is on since 2 days with no d/c but the speed is just 3mbps. 😱
But I remember it used to be stable before this episode ..never disconnected for weeks with full 8mbps speed. Been using it since months now...I've rarely faced issues with BSNL ( sounds strange but true 😛 )

So I'm kinda confused what to do...Is the modem turning old? Or the wiring needs to replaced? Or something else..?

Thanks again for the help!