Not able to use Voice on BSNL FTTH <Syrotech>

• Thread starter Thread starter NikhilS
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 31
  • Views Views 17,187
I can't ping: 192.168.149.78 as well

^ Yep, in that case probably the VOIP WAN interface isn't up. Could you please show a screenshot of the WAN config page and the WAN status page.

I'm accessing the internet on vlan0 and when I make 1830 it says the conflict between 0. And apparently my internet stops until i delete 1830

this is my setting
-- dead tinypic image removed --
also username and password is same in this format
91stdcodenumber without 0
91xxxxxxxxxx

@nitinmits You will not be able to ping the VOIP gateway over the wifi or from any other connected PC. You will need to test it from the router diagnose page and select the VOIP WAN (I have it set up as bridge so I can't show you a screenshot from the ONT UI)

PGrQAtX.png

In my case, I can very much ping the gateway and the SIP server from my OpenWRT router where the VOIP interface is configured.

dp15dlt.png

@Nikhil Sharma Could you please show the screenshots of the following pages

1. WAN status page (where it shows the connection status of the internet WAN etc)
  2. Internet WAN config page

I too face the same Issue when I try to configure VoIP. I have my BSNL FTTH connection through a local cable operator and he says his equipment will not support voice and I will not be getting voice. Can that be correct? If so I can quit trying. Could you please help. @varkey

u need to add new wan connecton in network handle with ur voice ip n selecting service as voice then enable sip in voip n enter voip bsnl bng details of ur exchange then ur landline with 91+std code+landline no and password provided by bsnl.. default is 1234 then if the voice service is created for ur nmbr in exhange it will get up otherwise out of order

I have done all the configurations for voice in my ONU (device: Netlink). My BSNL FTTH connection is reaching my home through a local cable network provider (since BSNL donot have their optic fibre near my home) and they are telling, their router doesnot have the provision to give a voice connection and if they have to do so, they will have to upgrade their device. I am wondering how that can be correct; since voice is also transmitted as data and what is the difference between data and voice in this regard and how can his device is compatable for "voice" alone. I end up paying additional installation charges from BSNL for voice with out actually getting the service. My data is working as expected.