Not able to use Voice on BSNL FTTH <Syrotech>

• Thread starter Thread starter NikhilS
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 31
  • Views Views 17,192
ISP
BSNL
Hi,

I’m not able to use voice on my Syrotech ONT. When I call on my number it says the number is out of order.

I’m in touch with the guy who takes care of OLT (Tejas OLT). I can’t get to ping the number. The only problem I can think of is it’s because of the ‘out of order’ thing. Is anyone familiar with OLT configuration?

@Nikhil Sharma Could you please post the screenshot of the VOIP configuration page?

The out of order message comes when the number is not registered to the SIP server, so it appears to me that your VOIP/SIP configuration on the ONT is incorrect.

drjNRBD.jpg

I don’t have the pic of the WAN.

Last edited:
I had to ask the guy to delete the VOIP profile from OLT’s end though because I had to manually connect my internet by going to WAN connection and hit apply every time I tried to restart the connection.

Are you sure the details are correct? Cause for me, my VOIP WAN interface static IP address is from that same 10.105.x.x IP range. Please share the details you use to configure the VOIP WAN interface. (Obviously mask out the specific IP etc, just the range and config options would do)

My guess is that your SIP server IP address is incorrect as you are using the same IP address of your VOIP WAN interface for SIP proxy and everything.

Voice IP: 10.105.31.XXX
IP range: 10.105.31.XXX to XXX
MASK: 255.255.254.0
Gateway: 10.105.30.X

DNS1: 192.168.149.78
DNS2: 192.168.149.78

Ah there you go, so your SIP server IP address is 192.168.149.78 (this is same for me as well), so all the IP addresses in the screenshot you posted above should use 192.168.149.78 and not your VOIP WAN IP address.

-- dead tinypic image removed --

How do I fill these? Because I am not able to ping gateway without making a WAN

Thanks. I tried doing the same though except the QOS thing.

Another thing is my ONT was catching the profile which ONT made. And it was taking IP like 192.168.1.68 and I could not edit the connection as well since it was pre made.

Thanks. I tried doing the same though except the QOS thing.

Another thing is my ONT was catching the profile which ONT made. And it was taking IP like 192.168.1.68 and I could not edit the connection as well since it was pre made.

Yeah the QOS thing isn't mandatory, just something nice to have kind.

Could you please clarify the last paragraph? Do you mean you could not edit the VOIP interface?