Slow gigafiber speeds in windows 10

netseeker

Mar 16, 2019
But since you are on jiofiber I'd be delighted to know what pings do you get MM servers and SG and EU servers? Also how stable is the internet connection? In CSGO you can use net_graph 1 to monitor ping, loss, choke, etc. Any input on these would be highly appreciated.

socrates

Retired
Regulars
Jan 29, 2007
@socrateszero
The Jio Fiber router is a dual band router. For me if PC is connected to the router I get between 95 - 98Mbps. On 2.4GHz on my phone I get 65-70Mbps (max can be around 75Mbps). On 5GHz I get between 95 - 98 Mbps. Its possible the dongle you are using is a 2.4GHz one & there could be many obstructions between you & the router to get such low speeds.

Reactions: rameshbritto

netseeker

Mar 16, 2019
Well that depends if you have high gain antenna. Dual antenna doesn't mean much if you don't mention which router you have.

socrates

Retired
Regulars
Jan 29, 2007
@socrateszero
@socrates Lets say I have a dual antenna router.Is Jio Router range less than that?
Dual band is different from the dual (or more) antenna on your router. Dual-band routers broadcast on two different frequencies: 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz. Currently, 2.4 GHz is oversaturated with devices. That's because almost every smartphone, tablet and laptop uses either Wireless-G or Wireless-N to connect to receive Internet. The number of antenna can be useful but it all depends on the type used.
Predicting the reach of wifi signal is at best 'v iffy'. One would have to check with a meter at the location to check the reach of the signal. One option is obviously have a router with a strong broadcast signal, this could work upto a point after which you may have to use a repeater to carry the signal to all locations of your house.

Reactions: netseeker