BSNL FTTH ADSL

• Thread starter Thread starter sidhops
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 4,017
ISP
BSNL
Hi, recently I switched to BSNL ftth from BSNL broadband. BSNL is urging me to buy a modem-router from them which costs 3k. Currently I have TP-Link TD W8901N modem-router . And I also have a spare Linksys E900 router and a ZTE ZXDSL modem. Will FTTH work with any of these ? TIA

None of those ADSL modems would work with fiber. You may still use those ADSL modem-routers as plain routers. But, you'd still need to buy the modem-router from BSNL / LCO. Which city are you from?

Since you already have multiple devices which can be used as a wireless AP, I would say just get a basic ONT, something like

Please note that to use the telephone connection which comes with BSNL FTTH, you would need a ONT device which supports POTS / FXS port. Else you can get a SIP phone separately too, I think.

Last edited by a moderator:
Since you already have multiple devices which can be used as a wireless AP, I would say just get a basic ONT, something like

Please note that to use the telephone connection which comes with BSNL FTTH, you would need a ONT device which supports POTS / FXS port. Else you can get a SIP phone separately too, I think.
Great ! Thanks for the suggestions

Last edited by a moderator:
What part of Bhubaneshwar?
Should have gone for JETSPOT nitro FIBER if in their coverage.

Fiber has greater difference from copper connection(ADSL). Signal used in FTTH is light or maybe IR, which could transfer data at speed of light without any loss of signal. So this light signal need to be de-modulated, so ONT is used.