Huawei MT800 modem + Realtek RTL8139 NIC on the PC

bhangima

[OP]
Aug 25, 2005
Friends, I have a BSNL connection - they provided Huawei MT800 modem. At the PC end, I have "Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC". But they don't seem to go together. I followed the network configuration settings, but I can't proceed further from there.

Though the PC sees that there is a LAN connection, it shows me the status of " bytes sent, but bytes received". Because of this, I never succeeded in connecting to http://192.168.1.1 (the modem's IP address).

Has anyone seen any problem like this when using this combiination of devices (ie., Huawei MT800 modem + Realtek RTL8139 NIC on the PC)? If so, could you please tell me how you got around with that?

Interestingly, I was able to configure the same Modem with another laptop which has a similar Network Card (may be the difference is that the NIC is on-board in case of the laptop configuration). I do not assume that I missed some steps in the Network configuration, because I was able to repeat the procedure several times from scratch on a freshly installed laptop.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

bhangima

[OP]
Aug 25, 2005
... and the OS on the PC is Windows XP with SP2.

A

abdulrahman004

Fine why dont you try connecting through the windows dialer of the PPPoE sofware privded.
Regarding the 192.168.1.1 , the modem interface page ..first u should set ur TCP/IP settings . http://calcuttatelephones.com/dataoneinstall/bb7.html
Configuring the IP address gateway dns as given and the rest i guess u know

Edit: The format given by bhangima seems to be good ...... better than the default ...

vishalrao

The Global Village Idiot
Regulars
Jan 21, 2005
Pune
i kinda like fixed-fonts (mono-space) for readability, dunno why :cool:i use courier-new 10-pt on my e-mail (windows/outlook) now

pjayant

Jul 10, 2005
I have the same hardware ( Huawei SmartAX MT880 modem/router and RealTek Ethernet 8139 Family PCI NIC LAN card on my system under XP without SP1 or SP2. I was successful in connecting to dataone and use the broadband connection for quite some hours on Wednesday. But some fault has cropped up either in the connection or the Server (HelpDesk is unable to identify for the last two days) and I get an error message "Error 678: Unable to connect to the Server".My Account is only 3 days old. I got the same error message before the username and passwaord allotted by BSNL was communicated to me on phone. Before the error message comes up there is an advice saying "opening the port" and it appears as if the system is unable to get the port opened and hence the Erro 678 follows.BSNL is aware of this but I do not know either as to how they overcame the problem, the first time or why they have not been able to resolve the problem for the last two days. There is obviously lack of co-ordination between the DatOne staff and the local BSNL and Exchange staff who look after the Huawei Controllers installed for decentralization and cutting down the long distances with copper wires to the user locations.P. JayantP. Jayant

A

abdulrahman004

I must say this is the best example of worst administration

dxer

Sleepwalker
Regulars
May 14, 2005
I am now stuck up with this modem. The error message is 633. How do I configure this?