BSNL Broadband FTTH Bharat Fiber 777 & 1277 Plans now have monthly FUP limits

• Thread starter Thread starter dogchap
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 99
  • Views Views 13,045
@vishalrao yes buddy thats the only twitter handle which is active

I was on the 10 mbps 1199 plan on bsnl ftth before the bharat fiber thing, i got my plan changed today..like i was literally standing next to the dude at bsnl office and made him change my plan to the 1277 750 gb monthly..but i just returned home and saw that changes were made to the selfcare page which says 750 gb monthly plan..but its still 10mb 20gb on the bsnlfup, and im still at 10 mbps when i checked the speedtests.

I hope this changes by tomorrow else ill have to speak to the sdo again. ._.

Update, the issue still persists, tried calling the local SDO to inform him about the issue, was very rude and just asked me for the phone number, i gave him that and just like that...nothing was done.

I don't use twitter,but im willing to try everything to get this fixed a.s.a.p. i can't wait to dump this p.o.s when jio fiber hits.

Got mine changed to 750 GB Monthly Plan in service name today but within few hours it got changed back to 25 GB Plan in service name.

So apparently, even though self-care shows 750 GB, I got throttled to 2mbps right now because I used around 25 GB. So even self-care is unreliable?😒🙄

So are they implementing daily FUP again ?? 😶

Mine also shows 750 gb in selfcare, but in fuptopup its 100 mb daily 25gb, but i dont even get speeds to even know if i ran out of fup.

Anything except google websites (youtube, gmail, Dropbox etc) runs like absolute garbage. Ookla speedtests show download speeds always less than 2.25 mbps and upspeeds are between 8 and 9 mbps.i cant even watch twitch videos at 480p without them buffering every 5 seconds.

I have D-Link 600m router , have my ps4 connected to it via ethernet cable, highest speeds ive ever got in ps4 is 8.4mbps down and 5 mbps up, i have call of duty 4 RM on download and it downloads 0.33 mB to 1 mBps max.

I switched to fiber when the copper wire connections kept timing out every week for days on end..but when i was on the normal broadband plan of 10 mbps (1199), it was consistent, every site like twitch netflix steam and origin used to work like it should with the same speeds. But ever since i got a FTTH connection for the same plan unequal speeds and speed fluctuations started occuring..and i didnt even have a router back then, just a cable directly from the ont modem to the ethernet port on my desktop.

You should try complaining at PG Portal and on Twitter as well. I also had speed issues during the beginning of 2018, but complaining sorted it out.

I called a JTO he said the total speeds are divided into up and down serparately...like if its a 10 mbps connection, download speeds shud be 5 and upload speed should 5 respectively.

And i just found out that selfcare shows 750 gb plan , fuptopup shows 25gb daily plan, and bsnl customer care says im still on the 10mbps 1199 plan.

What is the world is going on ?!

So last time I got throttled at 25GB, I complained on selfcare and lo and behold actually got a message from bsnl saying problem has been resolved. Today I am again beyond 25GB and again throttled to 2mbps! Bloody liars.

Help me out a bit bros,

i just checked ,im downloading a 4k video from youtube via idm, im getting 5.4mBps (around 45-50 mbps) via wifi D-Link 600m 2.4 ghz band (probs max ill get is 50 mbps from this router). That means im actually on the 100 mbps plan..haven't checked the 25gb fup though.

Upseed on speedtest shows around 55 mbps but the downspeeds show 2.1mbps to 3.4mbps.

Its like i get perfect download speeds if i'm on anything from google, (appstore, youtube etc..) but if its anything else like PS4 (downloading cod mwr at 1mBps to 0.33 mbps)..it just sucks ass...cant buffer anything on twitch or any other site.

Tldr , its only fast on google stuff, rest suck ass. Will try some downloading from origin and steam and uplay. Idk whats the problem here and tbh they dont know either.

So I called in to my connection provider and he said that the plan of Calcutta Telephones still has 25 Gb/day plan. This is why Calcutta telephones users are still limited to 25 gb per day.

JykCyBU.jpg

25 GB/Day is really useful for downloading games off steam sarcasm

Other than that, I don't have much issues with the daily FUP, although I think it's pretty unfair.