Important Indian government to launch their own DNS Server

netseeker

Mar 16, 2019
I wonder if they'll start to block VPN IP soon. I mean some forums ban them to prevent spam, and I really can't get through any IP. So I'm guessing Indian govt should be able to ban all VPN too, and combined with this, it can be full surveillance
That's where my onions come in!

netseeker

Mar 16, 2019
This just reminded me of the 827 or so sites that got blocked in 2018. I am surprised no one filed a counter case against that block since it was such an abrupt and massive block. But then it was never really a problem to bypass the blocks in the first place. My ISP even failed to block the https version of the sites (mikrotik router short comings?).

Bottom line is, this is no longer just an internet or technological issue, this a socio-political issue that needs to be dealt through legal and political channels. DNSCrypt or any way of bypassing this only acts as a pain killer. The antibiotic is activism and policy changes. We netizens must unite against this. Even if govt DNS becomes a reality we need to ensure they have no way to force it upon us.

Reactions: Simpleguy

unAadhaarit

Regulars
Feb 23, 2018
There is a major problem as the political leaders think they are the "Rulers" (ruling party) and not a governing party * with majority support). They are mistaking privilege to serve as a privilege to rule. And are making changes to the constitution to enable them to do so, by bypassing Rajya Sabha and passing ordinances.