MIUI

Yes people seems to be struggling to get call recording working on Asus but I saw a youtube video review of some guy being able to add that feature using some app. He said he tried a lot of call recorders and only that one worked. Also from what I have read, Android P update would block the call recording apps completely unless you root the phone.

I haven't come across any touchscreen issues but people have said that camera is not as good as Redmi and the finger print sensor is slow and sometimes takes 2-3 tries to unlock the phone but they will probably fix it with an update.

Truecaller is offering Call Recording as a premium upgrade. Has anyone checked/tried?

Root the xiaomi and remove most OEM apps. Even if one doesn't want to root, one can get rid of plenty of OEM apps. I have 2 xiaomi phones, one rooted the other not. And there are no ads on either.

^ rooting not an option. how to get rid of system ads in miui? running blockda requires it running in the background at all times

^ rooting not an option. how to get rid of system ads in miui? running blockda requires it running in the background at all times