State of BSNL & MTNL

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 220
  • Views Views 29,712
^ You're on BSNL right now?

Haha. I feel your pain bro. You must be having poor speeds too. 😛

You seriously need some alternative too. Maybe in coming days you might see bad services too because of that news.

nothing is going to happen til election results. after that it should be fun to watch as bsnl employees go on nationwide strike. i guess jio taking over bsnl is not that far away.
You mean, Jio buying out BSNL?

The internet already feels choppy since the last 3-4 days. TBH I am not really sad to see BSNL go, people have some weird romanticised relationship with BSNL especially broadband but as its existing customer, I can safely say its not worth the money we had to pay every month since 2006.

True man, I agree with you. I think your area should talk to Jio maybe? Act as society? Jio would be running with open hands if you manage to get some hundred connections? Given that whole area must be using BSNL.

Jio already laid their fibre lines last Friday. I don't know when they will start giving out connections.

My street has independent houses and it's a small street only 14-15 houses, but I guess since Jio have already laid their cable they don't really care about the number of connections they can get from our street.

@Shubham Laying Fiber is different from implementation as I said in the other post too.

It's 1 year now since they have laid wires in my area (underground). That's their deployment team.

Implementation team is different and works only when they have enough connections ready to take part or in some case very exceptional too. Like if they feel any kind of mercy in your area and provide the connection for just 10-20 houses? You will be lucky.

If that's their strategy I don't think they will bother then about handing out connections because even if I manage to convince all the people in my street then it will be only 14 connections at max. That too with houses not so close to each other.

Most of them are retired persons as well here they don't even need fibre internet. So I am not sure how many will actually go for it.

^ I am not sure about the Fiber Infra. But if Fiber also need some sort of physical office (like airtel has), there are no chance you are getting it soon unless it's available in the near by area. Because what I know is that Fiber can run longer. So if your near by area has Fiber ready, and they have it there, they can activate your area too.

So it's totally dependent. If you are in Metro City, you have better luck in having it soon. Since, they are going to start targeting metro cities soon once they are done with societies (no matter if it's metro or non-metro). Even the Societies of Bihar and all those areas are getting FTTH from Jio.

I understand Jio is targeting big societies/apartments but where i live it's not like that here.

Most of the people live in independent houses. It's densely populated but weirdly you won't find big societies or even too many apartments here.

Jio cannot expect to find like single point of contact to deal with a society as a whole here. Most colonies do not even have RWAs. So jio have to contact each and every house to see if they want to have a connection via local advertising/pamphlets and all.

^ Yeah, You are in the same pool as I'm. So yeah only time and luck will tell. Haha!