BSNL could be shut down or sold as losses keep on mounting

dextermorgan

Regulars
May 12, 2014
Hyderabad
But it still doesnt provide service which it is obligated to provide do they?

what shall be the way forward then? One one side we have a company who posted a loss of Rs 4,859 crore in 2015-16, Rs 4,786 crore in 2016-17 and Rs 4,785 crore (provisional and unaudited) in 2017-18 and also further losses expected at least till 2020

and on other hand we have jio which is providing service for railways now.

Logical move would be to reduce the fat and improve efficiency which is being opposed by workers union. So what the way forward? threaten to dissolve the company and award the contract to jio. which I think is being done here.

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
that's the thing. privatization of critical infrastructure is just not a good idea in a country like ours. bsnl is at least accountable to the people of the country through rti and cag. it's basically similar to how they came up with aadhaar to fix the shortcomings of all the existing IDs instead of fixing the problem with those IDs.

dextermorgan

Regulars
May 12, 2014
Hyderabad
but is spending thousands of crores each year feasible? BSNL missed 4G train due to politicians and now 5G deployment will cost thousands of crores of new investment. So I don't forcast a profit for BSNL till 2025 atleast and thousands of more crores loss till then. its just another Air india in the making.

vishalrao

The Global Village Idiot
Regulars
Jan 21, 2005
Pune
Problem is these bloody useless employees are going on strike even for the revival plan of VRS and other cost cutting.

I can understand them striking for privatisation but this just shows their true colours that they want easy salary income for doing hardly any work.

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
i am not sure if bjp realizes the problem in handing over so much data and control over to ambani. ambani apne bhai ka na hua... bjp kya cheez hai.