can iptv work outside india

• Thread starter Thread starter dkarir
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 11,506

dkarir

ISP
dfgdg
I'm wondering if I purchased a STB in india and took it to the US, will the iptv still work? You know kind of like how people take vonage voip phones to india and use them in india for local-like calls to the US.

the bandwidth that the ISP uses to stream iptv does not cost much to the isp as data is only being transferred between you and their iptv servers.actually, by not utilizing this 'local' bandwidth they are losing money cause its a potential profit waiting to happen with very small investment from the ISP.on the other hand if they allow you to login to their servers from anywhere in the world they will have to pay for real internet bandwidth(upstream) which is relatively very costly. the idea is impractical. the only way it can work is if the isp also owns servers in other countries(ignoring the fact that most indian channels don't have the license to be broadcasted abroad)ofcourse it will be a dream come true for the large indian diaspora in the western countries to be able to watch all the indian channels thu their cheap internet connections & by paying mtnl a (relatively) small monthly amount for iptv

hiii everyone.i was just going thorough all the threads and i saw this. there is a query in my mind hope u guys will clear it. can this iptv work outside india if we install the stb outthere if not wht are the other options there in the market to watch channels outside indiahitesh

using the stb outside is ok, but from where wil u get a MTNL BB line? use dish tv or Tata Sky or any other satellite based! i think they will work !

hiii everyone.
i was just going thorough all the threads and i saw this. there is a query in my mind hope u guys will clear it. can this iptv work outside india if we install the stb outthere if not wht are the other options there in the market to watch channels outside india
hitesh

will the iptv work from US, with STB? - India Broadband Forum

try searching before posting and in this case just looking a little farther down would have worked too