Excitel Broadband Review: Worst Internet Service Provider (With Screenshots)

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 63558
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 111
  • Views Views 22,978
Nodal won't be able to help in this case? @Aakash Malhotra

He is simply not taking up the call.

He once picked up the call but didn't speak anything.

He came after so many calls and checked.

"Line Guy/Technician is not coming for 2-3 days". This is what he said to me when he came.

The new guy who came with him (I've never seen his face before).

He said to me that "It was because of the water entered the box".

After doing few minutes of shit over the pole, it become normal for me.

Pole box had a lot of dust and the switch they use is Binatone (Cheap). I think Fiber will be the best route for me in future once Excitel Fiber is launched.

Last edited by a moderator:
Speed is Again Slow.

Screenshot-304.png

I talked to the Area Manager of Excitel about this issue and LCO's non-responsive nature.

He is saying Technician Boy (Line Wire Boy) has left the LCO and LCO doesn't have any Line Wire Boy anymore.

He has asked me to wait for tomorrow and told LCO to fix the issue.

There is system that rates the Partners and the quality of their work, and there is separation with those who are systematically not following SLAs and doing bad job at support.

Pls msg me your userid so we can try to push things and resolve your connectivity issues first.

Hi @philip marlowe, Any updates so far?

Sarr. Do look into routing issues with imgur.com 👀

I assume it's not an end user problem!

@philip marlowe Everyday there is a new problem with this shit LCO and Excitel does nothing.

You can continue having LCO decide the fate of your internet services.

tc2H8pe.png

Last 20 Days of Excitel:

31st Jan - 5th Feb : Speed Issues

9th Feb - 11th Feb: Speed Issues (Continued..)

13th Feb - 14th Feb: Speed Issues

16th Feb - 16th Feb: Connectivity Issue (Fiber Cut)

19th Feb - Today: Connectivity Issue (No Global Ticket)

This is the most poorest services I've ever seen.

Update: It seems to be fixed after 6 hours of connection inactive.

umm this is not how things work. guys at excitel cant put a gun at your lco's head and make him provide 10/10 service.

nobody is forcing you to continue using excitel. if you think its not worth the hassle then just disconnect and get another isp if you have that option.

excitel already has SLA in place on the basis of which they rate LCO and reward/punish them accordingly. i doubt excitel can do anything apart from this or in worst case scenario remove contract with the current lco of your area and get another lco hooked up which i doubt will happen.

Agreed but Let me counter that.

1. I didn't pay for the wiring installation just because I want to disconnect it after 2 months.

2. I didn't install Excitel to test it for 1 - 2 months. I want to remain as client.

3. I was told by the Excitel's Sales and Local Team (Including LCO) that the issues are resolved mostly within the 2 hours and there are hardly more than 2 issues monthly (Mainly Fiber Cut).*

4. Every week, there are multiple issues which directly points to the management and the quality of services LCO is providing. I am not pointing Excitel for that.

Last 20 Days of Excitel:

31st Jan - 5th Feb : Speed Issues

9th Feb - 11th Feb: Speed Issues (Continued..)

13th Feb - 14th Feb: Speed Issues

16th Feb - 16th Feb: Connectivity Issue (Fiber Cut)

19th Feb - 19 Feb : Connectivity Issue (No Global Ticket) Was off for 6 hours.

This is the most poorest services I've ever seen.

5. Excitel (I doubt) is not questioning LCO for their continuous poor support and a lot of issues happening weekly (Point #4).

At any cost, LCO is the issue here and people review Excitel Badly.

I'm being honest, rating LCO bad and continuously understanding and waiting for Excitel to fix it. (Doing the right thing here)

Few days back, LCO didn't have Engg. to fix the issues. LCO owner kept on saying lies to me about the issues and ultimately made me call the Nodal Team.

P.S.: I am not complaining Excitel is bad. I'm complaining their contractor is bad (LCO) at-least for now.

Problem: Excitel customer support asks me to wait for 48 Hours and then LCO shows up at the ending hours only.

So realistically, my internet was off most of the time for more than 36 hours (making it more than 1 day).

Anyways, If this continuous. I might disconnect. But, I hope you understand what I meant to say.

People coming from Airtel demands better services. Airtel's TAT is 4 Hours max. 48 Hours for them is like a trouble-some job loosing thing for the Area Engg.

I am using Internet Services since 2003 and trust me, Excitel so far is the worst services overall (Thanks to their contractor).

I've used MTNL, Airtel VDSL, Airtel ADSL, Hathway and so others. But...

It's written multiple times over the threads (by many) but let me re-write it from my prospective. Only I can understand how bad is Excitel because my area LCO is shit.

I am open to go with the Excitel Fiber but then LCO doesn't have it.

im sure higher up employees at excitel are also aware that their image is being tarnished because of incompetent LCO's not providing qualitative service. i feel like majority of lcos are bad. this is reflective through excitel's google review and reviews on their other social media accounts.

but this is the path that excitel as a company has chosen. to partner with lcos and then provide their services. sure it gives them the advantage of local reach but it has its own share of short comings.

as i said in my other comment, im sure, excitel is already doing whatever they can to make sure that bad performing lcos try to provide good services through their internal reward/punishment mechanism.

At the end of the day excitel and lcos are in a partnership. excitel doesnt own these lco's and they dont have full control over them. they cant just make these lcos do the work. they can pressurize them which i believe they are doing already.

as a consumer all we can do is vote with wallet. if we dont like a services we can always switch to an alternative if we have that option available.

edit -

imo its not fair to compare airtel vs excitel in terms of customer support and how fast they are able to resolve complaints.
airtel is a very old and a big company. they have a lot of funds backing them back. they have a large amount of human resource backing them up in their customer care department.

excitel is a startup isp that was launched 4-5 years ago if i am correct. they have limited funds and a small workforce.

we cant expect a startup company that is still in growth stage to provide full fledged service comparable to the one that is being provided by a large MNC.

Last edited: