New airtel Ftth connection queries

coolnikk

[OP]
Feb 7, 2019
@vishalrao
is the nokia better or is the huawei better ?

Also which one is easier to configure in terms of bridge mode (pppoe mode on router ), so that my router handles everything ?

vishalrao

The Global Village Idiot
Regulars
Jan 21, 2005
Pune
i dont know about those devices, sorry, but i guess the huawei is newer device they are giving out, nokia used to be there a little while back.

coolnikk

[OP]
Feb 7, 2019
well finally 300mbps is on.Nokia router is actually good compared to bsnl crap, but still bridging is not working.If anyone can help the fine otherwise my r7800 is on ap mode and im getting the full 300mbps and more on my wifi consistently.

P.S this router just keeps on giving and giving (r7800).Yes it costs 15k but its worth every penny and it just pays for itself.In my experience all those cheap ass routers were nothing but pita.This is the first one that hasn't given me any labor pains.
Yes do stay away from asus routers they cost more and are just crap (in my experience).

ajgamer

Regulars
Dec 28, 2014
I'm not sure how seriously you've taken my previous post. But doing the bridge mode will cause more problem.

Airtel's backend is Huawie which acts randomly sometimes. When you'll make call to the customer care and the visit by the technician. They will point the problem's reason to your own router.

Let the authentication happen on their ONT/Modem.

The Best Setup is always Modem/Router from ISP and then your own Router for AP and DHCP. (Connect both of them using CAT 6).

coolnikk

[OP]
Feb 7, 2019
ya using cat 5e, dont have that sweet sweet cat6 but still it gets the job done.
Depends but the thing is im happy again, now that im free of bsnl bullshit + im consistently clocking 29-30+ mBps on dl's.

P.S Thank god i did'nt go for ACT, that would have been like out of the fire and back into the frying pan.

Reactions: Sushubh

ajgamer

Regulars
Dec 28, 2014
^ As soon as AmazonBasic becomes available on Amazon.in, Buy CAT 6.

P.S.: I know Cat 6 is overkill but once you will have the 1Gbps, you will need Cat 6. Cat 5e is not that good.

coolnikk

[OP]
Feb 7, 2019
How do you know, just asking ?
Otherwise i will go to some brick and mortar networking store on sp road.

ajgamer

Regulars
Dec 28, 2014
^ Just like Puma is sold fakely on the road-side infront of the Official Puma Store.

Wait for AmazonBasic, It will be back and it is the highest quality.