Is BSNL ftth "ups" a real "ups"?

• Thread starter Thread starter VivekA
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 5,782
ISP
BSNL FTTH
Spyder fibre
When I got my BSL FTTH installed last month, I got a Nokia-siemens "UPS" to power the ONT. But this unit does not backup during power outage. Is this "UPS" a real UPS which is not working in my case? Or it isn't and has some other exotic function? If not then why is it called ups?

It is a real UPS, but a faulty one. Even mine hasn't worked for the past 2 years.

maybe just the battery has gone bad, they must have provided you from old stock which was stored in their depot.

Yes, you should ask them for a replacement. In my case, they said that they don't provide ONT to customers anymore, so I couldn't get a replacement. Since it wasn't a big deal, I am still using the faulty one.

Open it up. I just cracked open one and there is no batteries inside. The crooked staffs at BSNL sell the batteries to outside vendors for money. Open yours and check if there is any battery inside.
KsWNoB0.jpg

VxvLniv.jpg

Mine does have a battery but they are not connected to the UPS. I followed the user manual for instructions to connect the battery to UPS but still it does not provide backup.