MTNL Mumbai FTTH Review

d5aqoëp

[OP]
Regulars
Aug 13, 2014
Connection booked: July 2018
Connection done on: 06 Jan 2019

The quality of wiring is a bit questionable as it is coming from terrace. No permission to dig roads.

The speed is good and websites are feeling more responsive compared to ADSL/VDSL

The modem provided is temporary and does not have a telephone out port. So I cannot test normal voice quality. The modem is also limited to PPPOe and cannot do bridge mode. So kinda stuck at the moment with this shitty modem for routing. MTNL is going to provide a new modem soon. Hopefully they do soon.

Initial speedtest result

BTW there is a huge issue with uploads. Either they are throttled or some misconfiguration. Remote desktop and team viewer struggle to connect or keep a stable connection. Their shitty modem does not allow Bridge mode. I mean my main router gets IP address from mtnl's server but no internet. Tried with 2 different routers but same problem.

Last edited:

d5aqoëp

[OP]
Regulars
Aug 13, 2014
@popcorn
Installation was only and exclusively for me. But my society was prompt to give necessary permission for installation.

d5aqoëp

[OP]
Regulars
Aug 13, 2014
Finally they have completed wiring up my house.

Getting 1ms ping to google

Voice quality is fantastic.

Reactions: kickass

d5aqoëp

[OP]
Regulars
Aug 13, 2014
@ajgamer
We cannot do anything about Upload speed. That is MTNL’s senior citizen mentality for you. “Itna upload speed leke chaand pe jana hai?”

Reactions: kickass