Most BSNL Broadband FTTH Bharat Fiber Plans now have daily FUP limits (Update: 777 & 1277 now have monthly FUP limits)

Anyone who isn't downloading and using FTTH for other normal purposes such as streaming videos and browsing, how much data are you using per day?

I only occasionally stream youtube or Amazon prime video and rarely download torrents of things like linux ISO files and my consumption was between 100-200 GB per month. My mom also watches some videos on PC and phone. I am on the 1277 plan and so far not hit the daily 25 GB FUP yet. But still am super pissed off about the change from monthly to daily FUP.

I dont know how much data per day I am consuming because I dont track it.

@vishalrao If you don't mind can you go to self-care portal and check your daily usage. I am on 10 Mbps plan yet my daily usage is around 12-14 GB on an average. I need to choose between 777 plan and 1277 plan. I will get an idea based on your data consumption.

Well, this is what I've got @vishalrao
IMG-20190211-203029.jpg

Bought myself IPTV service. now can barely use it to because of this stupid limit. 25gb is over in few hours. can't believe how we gone backwards in 2019.

@vishalrao If you don't mind can you go to self-care portal and check your daily usage. I am on 10 Mbps plan yet my daily usage is around 12-14 GB on an average. I need to choose between 777 plan and 1277 plan. I will get an idea based on your data consumption.

I tried opening "BB Session Unbilled Usage" portion of selfcare website to check Feb 1st to 11th usage but it is just giving me "loading..." spinner and not showing the data...

I looked at the traffic meter logs on my router and I guess I am using around the 2 GB to 8 GB per day range with very little streaming and no torrenting this month.

I would suggest you take the 777 plan to start with as it is more value for money. Only if you start hitting daily FUP then you can switch to 1277 plan. Other plans don't seem to be cost effective right now.

I did wait and It finally gave 504 Bad Gateway error. Yeah router logs are not to be trusted fully. All I can say is that So far I have not hit my daily FUP of 25 GB.

So after registering my concern with the GM BSNL and Corporate head New Delhi via email, I received a call from Local head office, whoever was on phone was regretful and assured me something will be done either increased in post 25GB speed or dissolving of daily cap. tbh I don't expect anything from them.

But I suggest everyone affected should email them and register our complaint, maybe it will force them to rethink this daily cap crap. be respectful and explain your problem in detail. short emails are often ignored. Include your ftth phone number and contact no.

@Shubham you can calculate that from the numbers already given.

551 GB in 21 days is around 25 GB per day itself and 75% of that was streaming, so around 18 GB streaming per day 😀

I have gone over 25GB in one day only once, but that was because of a Steam download. Although it definitely is a nuisance, I'm not too affected by the change, apparently.

@vishalrao True, but the number of watch hours is still unknown.

Right now I have two options

1. Local ISP: Rs. 1199 + GST for 25 Mbps connection NO FUP. Installation charges (Rs. 1500 for ONT and Rs. 20/meter for wire)

2. BSNL FTTH Rs. 777 + ONT rent + Taxes for 50 Mbps connection 18 GB FUP. installation charges unknown.

Both services' reliability is unknown.

Currently, I am on BSNL ADSL 10 Mbps 20 GB per day plan which is pretty reliable in my experience. I can jump to one of the mentioned options but my parents will kill me if either of the services turns out to be a dud especially after the fact that I convinced them to give up DTH 🤣