Uber Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3,579
  • Views Views 610,818
I have a driver give me 1 star rating because he just wanted to get rid of the rating screen. I was highly annoyed and gave him 1 star then and there itself. Suddenly he was "Maaf kar do bhai galati ho gayi". The drivers actually don't rate you based on your behaviour or punctuality. They just want to get it over with.

yup. they already have the next ride lined up. i seriously doubt when they are doing 10-15 rides per day... seven days a week... do ratings even matter to them at all?

Drivers are less likely to get affected coz they do a lot of rides daily. Dad has less than 20 rides. More like 10. This is not enough to even get a good baseline.

I regularly used uber once for 3-4 months. My rating is about 4.6 . Comes down due to driver cancellations or online payment.

it is kind of amazing that i have never found a driver having an issue with online payment here in gurgaon. but then i do maybe 2-3 rides a month these days. but i heard about this a lot!

Yeah worst is when you tell uber drivers that you want to go to Gurgaon from Delhi and immediately their cars will have issues or tyres punctured and will straight away tell you to cancel! But it is improved now , it was much worse few months ago

yeah. never had that problem as well! most of my non-local travel on uber is visiting bua in janakpuri. every time i book, i think this is the time driver would refuse to go or demand cash payment. but has worked well. the worst cases i have had with uber drivers is mostly related to... rash driving (one guy was insane), tired driver (one guy was literally shaking his head to stay awake), one driver who stopped at 11pm to get a tire puncture fixed, one guy who accepted a call and when i called 10 minutes later told me he was having lunch and would come to me as soon as he is finished. these are the ones i remember!

But nevertheless my uber experiences have been much better than Ola. I have removed Ola due to high prices, low availability and bad experience

Not just PhonePe, my Airtel as well as few other apps support it.
Uber in my opinion is still better that ola, I also have ride pass which brings the cost of rides around 6-7 KM to 69 for GO and 79 for premier, I never had problem with driver regarding online payment with either ola or uber, the time between booking a cab and it arriving is also much lower on average on Uber compared to ola.

noticed today that uberauto drivers easily give five star rating. got five star from two drivers earlier today. in fact it seemed like five stars are prefilled for them so pressing submit basically saves the rating. not sure if cabs have a similar system.

now considering taking dad's phone and take multiple rides around the city with the goal of getting five stars from all the rides lol.

I have seen drivers go crazy if they ask us "cash or card" and we reply "card/online payment". That's the main reason i've got 4.57
Even slamming the doors hard results in negative score as per Uber rules

Yes, I once had a driver who told me "yaar, online payment ko 7 -12 din lag jaate hain. cash pe kar dete". He also accepted my ride which was a 2.5 hour journey and kept cursing me throughout the journey.