Uber Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3,579
  • Views Views 610,925
Yup. No plans to create a new account. Would tell him to use Ola through PhonePe app. Would prefer to consume remaining credit before account gets blocked though 🙏

🖕 🖕 🖕 🖕 🖕

Last edited:

Source

yeah. we all know that their drivers understand the concept of ratings well. i guess i would actually start rating drivers with 1 star when i have even a small issue with the ride.

i cannot find the particular story right now but one driver actually told a passenger that he rated the rider based on how attractive he/she was.

tons of articles worth checking out about how uber driver rate their riders.

‘Nice girls’ and Uber: Why the rating system is a gender trap

i personally stopped rating uber drivers ever since they added the skip option. i guess i would give the rating drivers deserve in future. no more worrying about their livelihood. 🤘

a request to folks using uber regularly. ask your drivers on why would generally rate a passenger 1/2/3. is it purely based on riding experience or are there other factors. post here! for science!

Last edited:
Im a chill dude. Im quiet and mind my own business. dont even like to chat with drivers tbh. I used uber pretty much everyday for a period of 6 months two years back without a single incident. yet my rating is 4.5 this is purely bullshit and rating is arbitrary

At least Uber gives you warning, Ola blocked my account without any warning or possible reasons, I only refunded a ride once out of at least 100 rides i took on Ola that too because the driver was drunk and I had to get another cab in middle of highway after 10 KM of my 50 KM ride because he was out of CNG, rarely used any coupons either.
Regarding rating on Uber, it highly depends on the driver, once a driver started ride before reaching to my location and then ended the ride soon after, my rating dropped from 4.91 to 4.6 after that so definately depends upon your luck
Edit- Ola blocked my device as well.

Im a chill dude. Im quiet and mind my own business. dont even like to chat with drivers tbh. I used uber pretty much everyday for a period of 6 months two years back without a single incident. yet my rating is 4.5 this is purely bullshit and rating is arbitrary

Precisely. I have always been too nice to my drivers and even thanked them for the ride, I always refer them with "Aap" and add "ji" to their first name, always smiled at them after the trip was over, and let them take a halt if they were out of gas or whatever. But still I have a 4.77 rating. I guess it depends on how their day was. If a rider irritated them , they may rate all other riders bad.

I have seen drivers go crazy if they ask us "cash or card" and we reply "card/online payment". That's the main reason i've got 4.57
Even slamming the doors hard results in negative score as per Uber rules

My rating is 4.43, i take a lot of rides, only issues i have had was with drivers refusing rides, not cancelling rides after refusing etc, nothing at my end, the drivers create issues and also rate you down afterwards.

At least Uber gives you warning, Ola blocked my account without any warning or possible reasons, I only refunded a ride once out of at least 100 rides i took on Ola that too because the driver was drunk and I had to get another cab in middle of highway after 10 KM of my 50 KM ride because he was out of CNG, rarely used any coupons either.
Regarding rating on Uber, it highly depends on the driver, once a driver started ride before reaching to my location and then ended the ride soon after, my rating dropped from 4.91 to 4.6 after that so definately depends upon your luck
Edit- Ola blocked my device as well.
ola is another item case which needs its own thread. assholes have close to 350rs in their shitty ola money app since one year and have disabled UPI after SC court hearings. no problem, i'll just recharge some phones? nope, their shitty system doesnt work. ive given up. if uber is bad, ola is 100 times bad

That seems like what is going to happen when it starts hitting widely. Drivers asking for cash tips might soon become a reality.