[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
If you have phonepe... You don't need to keep Ola installed 😂

Reactions: dextermorgan

Rehan Kumar

Regulars
Mar 28, 2017
Not just phonepe, my Airtel as well as few other apps support it.
Uber in my opinion is still better that ola, I also have ride pass which brings the cost of rides around 6-7 KM to 69 for GO and 79 for premier, I never had problem with driver regarding online payment with either ola or uber, the time between booking a cab and it arriving is also much lower on average on Uber compared to ola.

Reactions: Sushubh

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
noticed today that uberauto drivers easily give five star rating. got five star from two drivers earlier today. in fact it seemed like five stars are prefilled for them so pressing submit basically saves the rating. not sure if cabs have a similar system.

now considering taking dad's phone and take multiple rides around the city with the goal of getting five stars from all the rides lol.

Dhiraj

Regulars
Feb 10, 2016
I have seen drivers go crazy if they ask us "cash or card" and we reply "card/online payment". That's the main reason i've got 4.57
Even slamming the doors hard results in negative score as per Uber rules
Yes, I once had a driver who told me "yaar, online payment ko 7 -12 din lag jaate hain. cash pe kar dete". He also accepted my ride which was a 2.5 hour journey and kept cursing me throughout the journey.

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
So, I took two rides in Uber today with dad using his account and I noticed something that might explain what went wrong with his account. As I have already mentioned that I added gift balance to his account so that he does not have to pay cash.

The interesting thing about Uber Credits is that it is shown as Cash during the booking. Credits are part of cash. Driver gets to see that rider would pay by cash. In fact, at the end of both the rides today, the driver was kind of baffled to see Rs. 0 on his phone’s display. They were expecting the ride charge to be shown. Took a while to explain to them that the money was already paid using my Uber credits. First driver actually checked the receipt of the ride. Second driver was more like Ah ok cool.

So here is what I am thinking. These drivers accepted the ride assuming that they would be paid cash. At the end of the ride they did not get any cash. They were either disappointed or confused about the actual payment. And might have ended up rating dad 1 Star in that moment of confusion.

It’s kind of annoying that Uber Credits are not given their own payment listing. Uber drivers have no idea that gift card is a thing and they appear as cash payment on their dashboard. Dad still has around 800 left in his Credits account. I guess I would not be adding more and would switch him to UPI.

alphago

Regulars
Sep 24, 2018
I guess, if you pay via Paytm and select the option to use credits, it would show the driver the payment method, and you'll still end up emptying your credits, but the Paytm still keeps your money on hold and gives it back after completing the ride.

Rehan Kumar

Regulars
Mar 28, 2017
I am using uber credit for past 2 months, but never encountered any problem(took rides of about 6k, mostly small 5-6Km rides) and my rating also went up from 4.6 to 4.73 so I assume the driver also had no problems

Reactions: ajgamer and Sushubh