Uber India to start suspending accounts with low rating

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
yup. they already have the next ride lined up. i seriously doubt when they are doing 10-15 rides per day... seven days a week... do ratings even matter to them at all?

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
Drivers are less likely to get affected coz they do a lot of rides daily. Dad has less than 20 rides. More like 10. This is not enough to even get a good baseline.

alphago

Regulars
Sep 24, 2018
I regularly used uber once for 3-4 months. My rating is about 4.6 . Comes down due to driver cancellations or online payment.

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
it is kind of amazing that i have never found a driver having an issue with online payment here in gurgaon. but then i do maybe 2-3 rides a month these days. but i heard about this a lot!

alphago

Regulars
Sep 24, 2018
Yeah worst is when you tell uber drivers that you want to go to Gurgaon from Delhi and immediately their cars will have issues or tyres punctured and will straight away tell you to cancel! But it is improved now , it was much worse few months ago

Reactions: Sushubh

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
yeah. never had that problem as well! most of my non-local travel on uber is visiting bua in janakpuri. every time i book, i think this is the time driver would refuse to go or demand cash payment. but has worked well. the worst cases i have had with uber drivers is mostly related to... rash driving (one guy was insane), tired driver (one guy was literally shaking his head to stay awake), one driver who stopped at 11pm to get a tire puncture fixed, one guy who accepted a call and when i called 10 minutes later told me he was having lunch and would come to me as soon as he is finished. these are the ones i remember!

Reactions: alphago

alphago

Regulars
Sep 24, 2018
But nevertheless my uber experiences have been much better than Ola. I have removed Ola due to high prices, low availability and bad experience

Reactions: Sushubh

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
have never used ola. lol. uber has been so mediocre. i just cannot get myself to check out ola.

dextermorgan

Regulars
May 12, 2014
Hyderabad
^ I install ola just to check the prices during surge and maybe book it if its cheaper. but in most cases , I end up booking uber even if its 50rs costlier than ola