Uber India to start suspending accounts with low rating

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
Uber Riders: Uber To Remove Misbehaving Riders - Bloomberg Quint

my dad is in a weird position. he has taken just around 10 rides. and his ratings have dropped down to 3.8. i cannot imagine him misbehaving with any driver. but he could soon find himself blocked. uber has allowed him to be fairly independent as he no longer drives himself. if uber blocks his account, it would create a lot of nuisance for him.

Reactions: ajgamer

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
so dad got the sms earlier today that his account rating is below acceptable limit and he could be blocked unless his rating goes up.
i really hate to be the guy who begs the driver to give him a five star rating. but i guess i would have to do just that.

worth mentioning here. his uber credits has rs. 2000 in them. i added the balance to make it easy for him to have cashless rides. i mean it makes zero sense that he could find himself with a blocked account. that money is not coming back i bet.

Reactions: ajgamer

ajgamer

Regulars
Dec 28, 2014
That's really bad to know @Sushubh. If you could talk to the Customer Support or make new account for him?

All it takes is new sim. (Most of the phones has Dual-Sim).

alphago

Regulars
Sep 24, 2018
Don't make a new account, it's a terrible idea. My friend had similar issue and when he tried making a new account, both his old and new accounts were put on hold. He had real trouble getting his old account back(lots of emails) . Talking to the CS is best I guess

ijsa

Regular
Regulars
May 3, 2008
This comes straight out of Black Mirror episode........... No offence to anyone.....

Reactions: Sushubh

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
Yup. No plans to create a new account. Would tell him to use Ola through Phonepe app. Would prefer to consume remaining credit before account gets blocked though 🙏

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
Source

yeah. we all know that their drivers understand the concept of ratings well. i guess i would actually start rating drivers with 1 star when i have even a small issue with the ride.

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
i cannot find the particular story right now but one driver actually told a passenger that he rated the rider based on how attractive he/she was.

tons of articles worth checking out about how uber driver rate their riders.

‘Nice girls’ and Uber: Why the rating system is a gender trap

i personally stopped rating uber drivers ever since they added the skip option. i guess i would give the rating drivers deserve in future. no more worrying about their livelihood. 🤘

a request to folks using uber regularly. ask your drivers on why would generally rate a passenger 1/2/3. is it purely based on riding experience or are there other factors. post here! for science!

Last edited:

dextermorgan

Regulars
May 12, 2014
Hyderabad
Im a chill dude. Im quiet and mind my own business. dont even like to chat with drivers tbh. I used uber pretty much everyday for a period of 6 months two years back without a single incident. yet my rating is 4.5 this is purely bullshit and rating is arbitrary