Amazon Pay Full KYC with Rs. 1 lakh limit

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 92
  • Views Views 10,869
Let me know how can one signup for the 2% thing?

Amazon Pay Credit Card is available for the Power Users with Good CIBIL Score. I've a good credit history with ICICI. Already have multiple ICICI's Credit Card.

^ Not True. They are targeting the Power Users of Amazon India.

I've like 3 Accounts with Amazon India and Some other Accounts for my Family Members.

All of them have ICICI Credit Card in them.

Account with a lot of buying history got the offer to apply for that card.

update: cbcc_faqs @ Amazon.in
Why is this an invite-only program?
Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit Card is currently in pilot phase and has been rolled out to the first set of invited users only. Having an existing relationship with ICICI Bank (account/debit/credit card) is a pre-requisite (but not a guarantee) for being part of the first set of invited users. If you are part of the invite list, Amazon will reach out to you via email and/or notification to your email id and/or mobile number registered on Amazon with further instructions on how to complete the application process.

Last edited by a moderator:
not in the last year or so. i largely stopped using Amazon after pantry became their core grocery product. now only a few products here and there that are not available on Grofers or are priced well during sale period.

unless of course they have now expanded it to non icici customers. it is still not available to me though 🙂
would love to get it. icici has some really great deals on other stores as well. but i have never had any success getting a card directly through icici. even though at one point of time when i had applied, i had a bank account with them for nearly 15 years! it was just so frustrating, went ahead and shut down my bank account in disgust lol.

• Tongue
Reactions: Smh
i am sure @Sushubh has pretty good buying history

^^ If that's true then he must have the card with him or the offer at-least.

I have an account without ICICI Card in it (Amazon can't even know if it's the same person) and I have offer on that.

The card I've on that account is Debit Card from AXIS Bank.

The person whose name on that account is not even mine and doesn't hold any ICICI Bank Account or Card.

unless of course they have now expanded it to non icici customers. it is still not available to me though 🙂
would love to get it. icici has some really great deals on other stores as well. but i have never had any success getting a card directly through icici. even though at one point of time when i had applied, i had a bank account with them for nearly 15 years! it was just so frustrating, went ahead and shut down my bank account in disgust lol.

How much balance have you kept in your account? What is your avg. quarterly balance with them?

I've multiple (more than 2) Credit Cards (not talking about add-ons) with ICICI Bank.

Relationship with ICICI is just 4 years old or so.

@ajgamer As far as I could see, the application process is catered towards those having a pre-existing relationship with ICICI Bank (mostly a credit card). I had the offer and while applying, it asked for my existing ICICI card number, verified the OTP and then the card was issued instantly.

To cater to non-ICICI customers, they'd need to ensure there is a process to get paperwork and many things like that. Maybe they are not ready for that yet, and when they do I'm sure they'd open it for non-ICICI users.

Also, as to how you have the offer, maybe they checked your mobile number with ICICI or something, cause there is no point in showing the offer to a customer who does not have an existing ICICI relationship, cause they simply won't be able to get it.

Hi @varkey, I was waiting for someone to write this so that I could lay down the exact details. 😉

You would only get the invitation for the Amazon Pay Card if you've been using Amazon India for a long-time and has a good spending (buying) history with them. Regardless of if you own the ICICI Bank Credit Card or not. (That's the criteria of Invitation).

You would get the acceptance, only if you have ICICI Bank Card with yourself (mostly ICICI Bank's Credit Card) with yourself with good standing. (That's the criteria of Eligibility).

What you all have been saying is the Criteria of Eligibility. What I've been saying is about the Invitation.

If anyone is not getting the Invitation at first instance is because his/her account isn't in fair standings with Amazon India (In terms of Buying History or in terms of Account Standing).

Criteria of Invitation comes before Criteria of Eligibility in terms of Amazon Pay Credit Card.

Example (Experienced): I've multiple Amazon Accounts (with and without Amazon Prime): All of them have different mobile numbers with their own set of cards. Three of them have my name on it and others are on my family member's name.

Except for me, none of my family members have relationship with ICICI Bank.

Now, I already have ICICI Bank's Credit Cards with me and I've already applied (approve and in-hands) have the Amazon Pay Credit Card for the Account I use mainly (Amazon Account).

I have another account on family member's name, with his phone number and the card that account has is Axis Bank. He doesn't have any kind of relationship with ICICI Bank (neither in past and not in present too).

His (other family member) account has Invitation for Amazon Pay Credit Card. (Read above statement again)
^^ I've attached screenshot as a proof.

I totally understand that people would want to correct others but I rather speak on the topics of Credit Card only when I'm confirmed at least to that fact that I've true experience behind that. I've attached the screenshot as a proof (and ready to attach the sanitized screenshot of my Card as well if admin is ready to make the thread private).

I hope I'm able to make the process crystal clear to all of you.

TL;DR: If anyone doesn't have good standing with Amazon, he/she won't get Amazon Pay Credit Card Invitation regardless of he/she has any relationship with the bank or not.

Also, as to how you have the offer, maybe they checked your mobile number with ICICI or something, cause there is no point in showing the offer to a customer who does not have an existing ICICI relationship, cause they simply won't be able to get it.
They cannot check my details with the Bank until I give them any sort of permission to do so. So, Amazon has no way to know I've any relationship with the bank or not until I actually start the process of Amazon Pay Card.

Just in case, anyone says. They can know by your added payment methods?
  1. Read whole message again from top-to-bottom.
  2. I can use any person's ICICI Bank's Credit/Debit Card on my Amazon Account doesn't mean I own that card. That would be the most stupidest way to invite.
Screenshot-280.png

• Wow
Reactions: Smh
so @Nishant got his kyc done yesterday and he provided photocopies and signed a form. i pinged my kyc guy and he confirmed that i had to submit nothing and my kyc has been processed from his side properly as he does not see my request pending on his console. remains to be seen.

another thing. i cannot locate the exact location right now but one of the support pages clearly mentioned that you don't really need the same address on your kyc. it just needs to be one of the authorized government issued identification. so even if the id is for an address in another city, it should work just fine. the name has to match.