Holy F***** con men BATMAN!

• Thread starter Thread starter raceryan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 3,577

raceryan

yeah I'm a big fan of the 60's batman series 🙂Just got the first bsnl bill after installing data one and whoa they’ve charged me for additional usage according to the bill I’ve exceeded 1 gb by 1008 MB which is impossible since the dam thing was connected on the 23 rd of July and there’s no way I could have exceed 1 gb in just 8 days.And what the heck is the bill all about , could some one please take their time and explain the whole thing ON THE LEFT CORNER OF MY BILL ACCESSORY RENT 1 X BROADBAND MODEM RENTFROM 23/7/2005 TO 30/9/2005 = 225.81 (shouldn’t it be 100 permonth? Am I paying for July, aug & sept? will this be the same amt in the next bill)MODEM RENTED HOME 256KBFROM 23/7/2005 TO 30/9/2005 = 1129.03 (am I being charge for july, aug and sep? again the same question as above)DEBIT ADJUSTMENTS DETAILS Installation fee broadband = 250.00 (one time chrages rights?)Modem deposit =500Broadband charges for jul 05 addl usage – 1008 MB = 2016.00 (wtf how do i check this out )ON THE RIGHT CORNER OF MY BILLRENTAL = 500.00Call charges = 854 Debit = 4120.00Taxes= 507Gross amt = 5982.00(i basically want to know how much is the internet cost alone)COULD someone kindly post the details of your bill and what’s the approximate amt that yours comes down to ? how much do u pay in a month. I'm a virgin when it comes to broadband anything i need to know about Dataone plz help me out

wtf is this 16 aug thing i keep hearing on the forum ?

All the internet charges (including modem rent )are shown as debit in the Bill. BSNL collects Modem rent and Basic charges 2 month in advance. so in your bill modem rent 225 is 2 months rent plus extra for no of days in july. Same applies to 1129.03, which is 2 months basic charges plus charges for July.

Broadband charges for jul 05 addl usage – 1008 MB = 2016.00 (wtf how do i check this out )
[/b]

Bandwidth can really shoot up if you don't keep an eye on it. You can logon to BSNL site and check the log to find complete list of usage for your account.

Originally posted by shaplus@Aug 23 2005, 07:46 AM
All the internet charges (including modem rent )are shown as debit in the Bill. BSNL collects Modem rent and Basic charges 2 month in advance. so in your bill modem rent 225 is 2 months rent plus extra for no of days in july. Same applies to 1129.03, which is 2 months basic charges plus charges for July.
Bandwidth can really shoot up if you don't keep an eye on it. You can logon to BSNL site and check the log to find complete list of usage for your account.
[snapback]22816[/snapback]
[/quote]

thanks could you post a summary of your bill , any idea if my next month's bill will included oct and nov chrages in the sept telephone bill?

raceryan, did you also sign up for a new landline at the same time? they charge 250 phone rental and the first month is the 2000/- deposit for the landline... also they might be charging you 1 month deposit plus 2 months advance = 3 months x Rs (500 + 100modem + tax)... better walk in to your bsnl phone exchange and talk to the ADM/AGM whatever...My initial payment for Home 1800 (with monthly modem rental) was around 6750/- in deposits plus about 4000/- for the 2000 phone deposit plus 250 phone rent plus first month broadband rent plus the installation charge!I GOT LOOTED BOOHOO!!!! 😎 Holy BSNL Govt Babus Batman!

Originally posted by vishalrao@Aug 23 2005, 02:14 PM
raceryan, did you also sign up for a new landline at the same time? they charge 250 phone rental and the first month is the 2000/- deposit for the landline... also they might be charging you 1 month deposit plus 2 months advance = 3 months x Rs (500 + 100modem + tax)...

better walk in to your bsnl phone exchange and talk to the ADM/AGM whatever...

My initial payment for Home 1800 (with monthly modem rental) was around 6750/- in deposits plus about 4000/- for the 2000 phone deposit plus 250 phone rent plus first month broadband rent plus the installation charge!

I GOT LOOTED BOOHOO!!!! 😎

Holy BSNL Govt Babus Batman!
[snapback]22915[/snapback]
[/quote]

so did u pay the guy or what ? by the way are you from bangalore?

ya i paid it all... was "startup costs" hehe... my only fear is how do i recover that money if i cancel my service... its refundable deposit plus 2 months advance payments... 3 months worth... about Rs 7000/- I should get back if I cancel... BOOHOOHoly RipOff Scene, BatMan!yep, im "in" bangalore... not "from" bangalore, if you know what i mean.

anyone beat this... my friend (from kolkata) received a bill for 58k (yep rs.58,000) for the month of july 2005. he has taken up the issue with mr. yadav, but i doubt.. 🙁 pupudada

Got my july bill.Since my usage was below the 1 G mark had no charges for extra usage.But there was and entry FXD (they explained it as fixation) for 700 uptil 30/9/05.When asked what was it they told "you piad 1000 rs as deposit which was cancelled subsequently and that 1000 along with this 700 will be used as monthly charges upto sep 05"So will not have any data one monthly charges on aug and sep bill.

i am going no where near this dangerous service . dangerous as in dangerous to by pocket .