BSNL Bharat Fiber vs Reliance Jio JioGigaFiber. Which one is better?

• Thread starter Thread starter raman07
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 41
  • Views Views 7,383
About Deep packet inspection. I hear every company do that. Can we use VPN with jio without speed restriction?

Getting full speeds on a VPN is going to be tough. Plus Jio is supposedly also blocking VPNs and Proxies.

depends on your patience level 😀
That patience have long gone my Bro..
Guess what my bsnl JTO told me, when I enquired about the fiber LAYOUT.
He can't give the normal bsnl subscribers to fiber( the one who are paying upwards of 800rs/ month), unless they have enquired about the fiber plans.
Because if they give them fiber, their payment will be 50-50.(50 for the LCO).
In the end subscribers should suffer for them(bsnl).

When I contacted LCO He told me bsnl Jto isn't ready to give the details of subscribers. Who maybe willing to upgrade.

This will go on, until big players like Jio come, to every cities.. Then they will learn thier lessons of atleast having the given subscribers the fiber when they could.

Getting full speeds on a VPN is going to be tough. Plus Jio is supposedly also blocking VPNs and Proxies.
They should stop blocking sites if they are providing fiber plans 🙄🙄. What's the use in giving 100mbps for youtubeand normal sites. We need to have to download our torrents 😅.

100mbps is for marketing purposes. and internet is for checking emails 😆

Well when it comes to BSNL FTTH or JIO FTTH i will go for BSNL anyday, although i am myself not an user of FTTH, as it is not feasible in my area, but still I think it is better to go with BSNL, exclusively due to the fact that bsnl being an Govt owned PSU and in case of problem being not solved by LCO we can contact to the top authority like JTO or JE (in a polite way) we might get our problems solved, also we can expect some accountability from PSU as majority of their staff are going to stay in the same area atleast for a decade without any transfer.

If BSNL connectivity is good, then BSNL is the better choice. There are just too many complaints about Jio sneaking onto user's data on Fiber. At least BSNL doesn't do THAT.

Yeah but BSNL is still injecting malware sites into plain http sessions.

@varkey it happens only for non secure non HTTPS links (plain HTTP) maybe you only browse sites with SSL like me. i only occasionally see the problem when i browse site on plain http

It's random (occassionally) and not for every time you open a page.