BSNL FTTH - not connecting automatically

• Thread starter Thread starter NikhilS
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 3,928
ISP
BSNL
Hi,

I'm on 777 plan and BSNL FTTH is not connecting automatically I have to log in and go to WAN and click on apply changes to connect to the internet. It's irritating and weird.

Modem: Syrotech

is there an option in WAN account (where you enter your username/password) for "always on" versus "on demand" ? keep it at "always on" ?

fGiI22U.png

yeah continuous is right already. not sure if its problem with your modem or BSNL server. (OLT)

btw, what browser are you using when checking your modem webpage???

try changing your browser and then modify the setting to "connect on demand" (click apply) then again back to "continuous" then apply it again?

(reason why i am saying is that long time ago, i faced issue with chrome browser on my ADSL modem where it was not selecting right drop-down value hahahaha)

yeah try safari or firefox then

if this problem only started recently then it may be temporary problem on BSNL server side though.

This is slightly off topic, but do you guys switch off your modems at night? I haven't switched mine off ever since I took the connection, except for some random power cuts.

My modem is on 24x7 (I have home UPS inverter) - I just power it off and on around once a month in case it needs refreshing.

@Crazyguy030601 I m Using broadband services from last 14 years I never ever switched off my router/modern.
Only it's go off at the time of power cut or when i required a restart.
These things are made to work 24/7.