Even State Bank of India does not trust Aadhaar anymore

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 22
  • Views Views 2,108
Has SBI issued a clarification yet after getting a spanking from high command? 😂

Aadhaar data: SBI alleges Aadhaar data misuse, UIDAI rubbishes charge - Times of India

One of those penalised was 40-year-old Vikram, who worked for a monthly salary of Rs 10,000 as an Aadhaar operator at the SBI branch in a small village called Uchana in Haryana’s Jind district. On December 26, 2018, UIDAI fined him more than Rs 33 lakh.

Even more baffling was the misuse of Vikram’s personal biometrics (fingerprints in this case) to generate Aadhaar cards, carry out unexplained transactions at places like the I-T department, Maharashtra government, MP government, National Informatics Centre and various banks, and even withdraw money from his personal accounts. All this time, UIDAI did not act against any bank official, which would have been the case had there been a lapse or wrongdoing by SBI officials.

dude's fingerprints are hacked but all is well according to uidai.

Last edited:
When holes are found in your data security, you get to work and close them and not bury your head in the sand. The reason for UIDAI's brain dead responses is it's a bureaucracy running an IT setup and the bureaucracy, as we know doesn't give a shit.

aadhaar is shit because it was designed and developed for the interest of the private companies by the private companies. people who worked on the project later on started companies that benefited from the same project. and the people of the country paid the price and would continue to do so throughout their lifetime.

there is a reason why bill gates keeps on praising it so much repeatedly.

May be so but it has the potential to completely complete streamline service delivery. Unfortunately, UIDAI's ostrich like attitude and complete bureaucratic indifference to security and privacy issues are derailing it.

What's so special about aadhaar that cannot be done with existing IDs? They use your existing IDs to provide you with Aadhaar. Do not verify any data on it. Do not certify anything that is mentioned on the Aadhaar card. Takes no responsibility for any failure of service that happens because of their infrastructure. Keep ordering companies to do this or that bypassing every other regulatory body.

Aadhaar was the first attempt at providing a universal Id. You can have a universal id by any name. Regarding the botched implementation, I completely agree. And these would have to be addressed whether it's aadhaar or something else. As for existing, we have PAN, voter ID card etc., Not everyone has these. But had aadhaar been designed and secured properly, we could have a great universal system and everyone's life would be easier.

not to mention a lot of people including me applied for aadhaar using pan card. now they would disable the same pan card if i do not link the same aadhaar card to that pan card. so if i do not apply, that pan card can be cancelled. on the basis of which the aadhaar number was generated. so basically the aadhaar nullifies itself.

I do appreciate the difficulties caused by aadhaar and the subsequent flip flops by the authorities, have suffered as much. Just can't understand one thing- if one is OK with SOME id, say PAN card then why such hostility towards aadhaar (keeping aside the inconveniences)? PAN card frauds are not uncommon and numerous people have multiple PAN cards to avoid taxes and launder money.

Because pan card has a purpose. and it's optional. just like Driving License. And Voter ID Card. And Passport.
Aadhaar was supposed to be for welfare. No one had any problem with it. If you wanted government welfare, get it. It had a purpose. And it was optional.

if pan card had issues, the solution was to fix pan card. not to introduce a card that used pan card as one of the identifying document. and then use aadhaar to verify that same pan card.

even if there are people who are using multiple pan cards. is the loss to country big enough to justify thousands of crores of rupees along with millions of man hours spent on the project? and would continue to be spent for eternity? wouldn't it be easier to focus on people who are laundering money and avoiding taxes? maybe start by not giving bailouts to people who are close to government?

Agreed. PAN card could have been made the universal ID with whatever modifications required. But it is difficult to believe that its administration would not have suffered in the same way as aadhaar. Secondly, if PAN card was to become universal ID, then, by definition it wouldn't remain optional.