Network Details

amith_mysore

[OP]
Regulars
Sep 22, 2004
Hi i am new to dataone broadband. I have opted for 500 per month package and taken modem on monthly rental (TYPE 1 i believe). with this i have a ethernet HubOn this can i do connection sharing for 2 computers. ie i want to use internet on any one with other Off and on both when both are ON. Do i have to purchase any other hardware.

Suraj

Regular
Regulars
Jan 28, 2005
i hope the ethernet hub has more than one port to connect 2 computers.:)you can do it. But with a hub you would need to configure sharing of internet either using ICS or a proxy.In that case you need the system where you have setup ICS to be always on, so that you can use internet on the other pc.what you need is a router, in which case you can keep one system off and use the other or viceversa.

amith_mysore

[OP]
Regulars
Sep 22, 2004
What are the hardware(s) which BSNL provides.I guess 1 is splitter and another is Modem was anyone tell me what is the make so that i can check its manual on net or kind enough to Attach the soft copy to the manual

adwait

Regulars
Jul 8, 2005
You can use a router to distribute your bandwidth. The question of BSNL supporting or not supporting it doesn't arise, because you will connect the router to your modem.....so BSNL doesn't come into the picture for the router and beyond.Adwait