Does BSNL reset the speed next day after exhaustion of Daily FUP?

• Thread starter Thread starter Shubham
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 7,220
ISP
Jio Fiber
I am on Rs 1199/- plan. So according to the plan, the benefits are 10 Mbps till 20 GB FUP each day then after that 2 Mbps. Yesterday (26 Jan 2019) by night, apparently I exceeded my daily FUP limit and my speeds dropped to 2 Mbps.

However, the speed hasn't been restored yet according to my plan. Instead, BSNL started showing me the page either to upgrade or decline (and browse with lower speeds FOR REST OF THE MONTH). Obviously, I had to decline in order to browse the internet.

Speeds I used to get before
Source

Speeds I am getting today
Source

So my question is, are they going to restore my speed? Or do I have to file a complaint? This is problematic because what if they decide to do the same on an earlier date next month.

UPDATE: APPARENTLY WHEN THE BSNL GUY OFFERED ME 3 BUNDLED SIMS SAYING IT WAS OFFERED WITH MY CURRENT 1199 PLAN. BSNL CHANGED MY PLAN FROM 10 Mbps 20 GB/DAY TO 30 GB FUP FOR THE MONTH.

Last edited:
File a complaint at the exchange or at the http://210.212.70.157/pgs/internet/pgwebregn.asp . It is likely a software bug on BSNL side.

For a quick fix, try restarting the modem that in turn would provide a new IP address and resets the FUP quota. Even if this quick fix solves the issue, please file a complaint. Otherwise, you'd have to restart the modem every day as the first thing.

@pothi The quick fix didn't solve the issue. I will wait today to see if the speed is restored or not. Otherwise, I will go to the exchange tomorrow.

Nice, first they introduce daily fup plans and forget to restore speeds afterwards. Really nice of bsnl.

It's likely an one-off incident. Otherwise, there would be a mass migration, away from BSNL for most people in metro, tier-1 and tier-2 cities.

As i suspect you might still be on old plan profile that was based on monthly quota and you must have exhausted your monthly quota thats why you got a speed upgrade redirection.You can check your profile by clicking this link 172.30.3.130:9090/SSSS_Servlet?key1=usage&exceed=usage

I have seen that they have not upgraded there systems fully for implementing per day quota as there are many users who are still getting monthly quota which is better than per day quota but no more happy Browsing.

Based on that You are still on monthly based plan,you may try to contact your JTO who may be able to help if he understands and is willing to work.