my router page date and time shows as jan 1970

rajujayaraman

ISP
bsnl
the time settingss page at router shows the correct time as per the system, but the status page is showning wrong time of jan 1970 in my D-Link router 2730 u. if i set ntp server, it gets the correct date and time, but revert back to it after a few days.
would it be a issue for internet access.
sometimes i lost internet light , and i presume that this may be a thing that causes.
some times when i go and check the real time settings page , it says jan 1970.
why this happens. i have the latest firmware version for my router.
can i change the time thro , telnet or other commands

Hi, This is the picture of the status page of my router
incoorect-time-in-router-new
When i use the set up wizard, it shows the same date and after configuring also , showing the same date.
Normally 1970 jan is very old date, and how it is showing is not known. experts

from what i remember, the same model also forgets dns servers saved in the backend on every restart. remember this because a friend had this (or a similar model) which required dns to be saved to connect to reliance broadband.

I set the time to ntp server time.google.com. Is there any other ntp time that does not fail
Is there any solution to router to save the dns server on restart.
now, for two days, the time is near to the computer and actual time.
The weird behaviour is by default is some time in jan 1970. D-Link would not have made this router, that long back.
If you, just reset bios, it immediately catch the time to present date once you fix
dlink technical support says that this will not harm internet access
but, what would be the time stamp for errors and logs.
It will only show, 1970 logs , for all days. the time stamp is important i think.
if internet connection is there, it should get the time from the server immediately , is it not admin
i also wrote this to dlink forum, and not getting any reply so far.
Two days back, i again updated the firmware at the dlilnk help desk

Hi, admin,
you mean that the internal address to my pc, forgotton by the router on restart. For eg. if my intenal ip of pc for the current allotted by dhcp is x.xx.2, then on restart, this is not rememebered by the router when the pc restarts. So, it does check and give , say x.x.x.3 after some time, but as it remembered x.2, it does not get the internal ip to get the external ip from the Service provider to get connected to the internet.
Should i give reserved internal ips on router for the devices by giving mac addresses of the devices i use.
Is it not automatic process.

or is there conflict, if one device is having the internal ip, which was gien to the pc in the previous pc start.
please educate me on this .

it has nothing to do with intenal ip or dns server which susubh mentioned.

DHCP works like that if you don't allot a permanent address to a device.

There is some problem with saving configuration, as you have already update firmware and its still not working so you can either try to use a custom firmware but that may brick (useless) you router. Get a new one if your router is too old and not working.

Hi, Smh, is there any advantage in giving reserved internal ips to the devices, say x.x.x.2 to pc,.3 to mobile4 to another device using their mac address . Will it fix the issue.
i had gone to the D-Link and they say, that there is no hardware or software issue in this router
Your quote;
There is some problem with saving configuration,
i wish to point out that while open the set wizard, the date is shown as 1 jan 1970. is it normal to have such date.
or it is a valid format , that it shows .
Please also say, a working dlink ntp server. when surfing the net, there are so much showing different addresses.
Would you